Medical and certain disorders.

L

Landon A.

Throughout my life I have dealt with various mental disorders, but the two I am here to ask about are as follows:

- Past history of Absence seizures. As a child, I was diagnosed with absence seizures, but have not had any since 2016. I am aware of the ten-year policy of the FAA, but by the time I seek out my
private pilot license, I will have passed that period in 2026 or 2027.
- Antidepressant. I am actively on an anti-depressant, Prozac, for chronic obsessive compulsive disorder. This is one of the few permitted antidepressants.

Basically, the question I have is if it is worth attempting to get my medical. I am currently in school for a career that will likely require me to get a PPL. The career will require bush flying, without carrying of other people. I will be relocating to Alaska for school in 2024, and then I plan to stay in the State.

I want to see what the general opinion is on the forum. I know if I am disqualified from the medical, I will lose access to my sports pilot license.

@bbchien If possible, I would like your opinion.

Thanks for the help.

I wish I could could be more specific but really here "it depends". It depends on your work history, on the psychiatry details in your record and therefore what the HIMS psychistrists is going to say as to the FARs.

B.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back