Manufacture wear limit

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Cessna wear limit on the flap tracks if the track wear exceeds the manufacture limit can the 100hr or Annual be signed off as airworthy. If so how about tires or spark plugs or any other items the manufacture puts a wear limit on.

Cessna wear limit on the flap tracks if the track wear exceeds the manufacture limit can the 100hr or Annual be signed off as airworthy.
No. Same for any published limit.

Why is this even a question?

Cessna wear limit on the flap tracks if the track wear exceeds the manufacture limit can the 100hr or Annual be signed off as airworthy. If so how about tires or spark plugs or any other items the manufacture puts a wear limit on.
Your punch list for 50 & 100 hour inspections plus annual inspection are itemized in:
* Cessna Service manual
* Any STC documentation for continued airworthiness for a given aircraft
* Also AD's can have wear limits for a given item on a plane. Cessna Seat tracks as an example
* Specific Manufacturers documentation for parts

You will find tire, spark plug gap & wear, and other items you're asking about.

For my own plane, I created a master list which is inclusive of all the sources listed above. The IA agrees with this list and walks the list at inspection each year initialing each item with wear or service notes a needed. Log books get the necessary sticker entries and a special "annual inspection" binder saves these inspection notes.

Last edited:
For my own plane, I created a master list which is inclusive of all the sources listed above. The IA agrees with this list and walks the list at inspection each year initialing each item with wear or service notes a needed. Log books get the necessary sticker entries and a special "annual inspection" binder saves these inspection notes.
Another one is brake disc thickness. Not well known at all. Cleveland has published thickness limits in their manual:

https://www.parker.com/literature/A...roduct Catalog Static Files/AWBCMM0001-12.pdf Appendix pages A2 and A3

You might have to look up your numbers in their application catalog:

https://www.parker.com/literature/A...AWB Static Files for Literature/AWBPC0001.pdf

Then there are the vacuum pump vane wear specs that apply to Rapco and Tempest pumps. Airborne has no Vane wear inspection ports, so you're faced with either replacing it at 600 hours or whatever they specify, or running it until it fails. Neither is cheap. I can't understand why people would buy Airbornes.

Back