Lowrance AirMap 2000C

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
This has been SOLD

$175 Shipped. Please see attached for details.

AIRMAP2000Cc.gif

Attachments

• For Sale.pdf
    306.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Haven't heard that name in a long time. Pretty good unit in its day as were all the AirMaps. I had a 500 once upon a time.

Can you still get database updates for it?

Haven't heard that name in a long time. Pretty good unit in its day.

If I can't sell it I'll probably put it on my boat. Inland and Offshore Marine Charts are available for it and really, unless an airport has changed its location or any radio frequencies, it still works great as an aviation navigator.

Last edited:
No, Lowrance really pulled the rug out from us and wouldn't even let Jepp sell the data to us directly.

That's a shame. It was good product. I've still got an AirMap 100. I guess I should just throw it out.

No, Lowrance really pulled the rug out from us and wouldn't even let Jepp sell the data to us directly.
I don't think it's was a matter of "letting" Jepp produce a database. In all the handheld situations I recall, even in the case of Garmin, loss of support for the unit was typically tied to the sizeand complexity of the Jepp databases being produced. Just a common software demands outstripping hardware capability.

I know that in the case of Lowrance, the company simply left the aviation market but it probably wasn't more than a few years until the Jepp database would no longer fit.

I think Lowrance's last firmware update was in 2008 or 2009. What is the date of the database in yours? Do yo know if it is the last one?

What is the date of the database in yours? Do yo know if it is the last one?

The updates were either downloadable (entire USA would easily fit on a 256mb card, and the unit would accept a 1 gig card), so I don't think that was the problem. A few of us worked the issue pretty hard with Jepp and Lowrance, and Jepp said they could continue to provide the product and there would have been profit, but Lowrance had the rights and wouldn't give it up because they may want to get back into aviation again some day. Lowrance changed their focus 100% to boats and accepted the risk of hanging their aviation customers out to dry.

.... And the horse they rode in on.

Mine has either the last or second to last update.

I owned one of them, back in the day. It was an awesome unit -- until Lowrance threw us overboard...

just like northstar may they rot in hell

Back