Low wing twins...

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
... just aren't the best picture platform for taking ground photos. The wings and those big honkin' engine nacelles always get in the way. You have to time the shots to coincide with the proper turn, especially when the photographer hates uncoordinated turns.
Flew up and spent the birthday walking up one side and crossed over to the prettier side, and then departed before the storms emerged.

Attachments

• Image09.jpg
    Image09.jpg
    736.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Image16.jpg
    Image16.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Image25.jpg
    Image25.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Image23.jpg
    Image23.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Image17.jpg
    Image17.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Image04.jpg
    Image04.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Indeed. Did the Falls tour flight at 4000 IFR. That was interesting. Barely above a scattered layer just around the river area. Wasn't able to really pick out the landmarks for a perfect racetrack pattern, but the only folks in the pattern with me were helicopters down lower and one large jet at around 12000. All in all it was a beautiful day, and a beautiful flight.

Indeed. Did the Falls tour flight at 4000 IFR. That was interesting. Barely above a scattered layer just around the river area. Wasn't able to really pick out the landmarks for a perfect racetrack pattern, but the only folks in the pattern with me were helicopters down lower and one large jet at around 12000. All in all it was a beautiful day, and a beautiful flight.

Very nice! Can't wait to get back to the falls....this time by air!

I did a bunch of oblique survey photo/video with my Travelair. I built a multi camera bay with optical grade view ports in the baggage compartment and door. I had video with monitor and controls in my right quadrant view in the corner just below the windows with my various camera control pads under my right hand between the armrest and quadrant. Made for excellent ergonomics to come in close on specific types of formations. It keeps your head turned the right direction to prevent spacial disorientation when maneuvering to coincide two views. You have to watch both where the plane is going and the camera so when you face the same way to do both and set the camera angle to represent the angle your head points when you are making your standard maneuvering rate turns. I got away with it with a low wing because the work I was doing was some long lensed detail work.

Very nice! I've taken the tour of the falls from the air too...lots of choppers buzzing around there.

There is one low wing twin that would be a more than adequate photo platform, and that is the Diamond DA-42.

They are some really nice pics. And at least you don't have the propeller obscuring straight ahead pics like a single engine does. But I see what you mean about the nacelles.

They are some really nice pics. And at least you don't have the propeller obscuring straight ahead pics like a single engine does. But I see what you mean about the nacelles.

This camera does not appear to catch the prop.

Attachments

• Image07.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 10
I see what you mean. Nice camera too. What is it? So far I have only taken our little camera up. I haven't taken the big Canon SLR yet. The little ones show the prop. The canon is faster but I don't know if it is fast enough. My wife is the photographer. I am just a pointer and shooter.

If one really wants to look at the ground one can get a really good view whilst standing upon it.

I see what you mean. Nice camera too. What is it? So far I have only taken our little camera up. I haven't taken the big Canon SLR yet. The little ones show the prop. The canon is faster but I don't know if it is fast enough. My wife is the photographer. I am just a pointer and shooter.

An old quick and simple AGFA E1680 digital camera.

Back