Low Altitude Enroute Maps

RLVoumard

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RLV
re joining the IFR world.....I am adjusting to a "paperless" cockpit ..I do print paper for all expected approaches ..What I am missing is the enroute paper maps. Printing at home is not possible...Can one not get a Jepp subscription that would include enroute low altitude paper........

Backup tablet with cell phone. Either that, or get an android and your tablet wont overheat. jk...

Backup tablet with cell phone. Either that, or get an android and your tablet wont overheat. jk...
I do carry my cell , with FF ..Old habit , always had a Jepp map with my route outlined on my knee board. Also made fight planing ( for me ) much easier...
Thanks for the reply

re joining the IFR world.....I am adjusting to a "paperless" cockpit ..I do print paper for all expected approaches ..What I am missing is the enroute paper maps. Printing at home is not possible...Can one not get a Jepp subscription that would include enroute low altitude paper........
If you insist on paper backups, you’ll have to buy them somewhere. And if you insist on Jepp it’s not gonna be cheap. I can’t help you; my last paper chart expired 13 years ago.

You are “rejoining” a different IFR world than you left. By all means, use the familiar paper ones if that’s where you comfort level is now. I flew with a pilot who did that at first when he came back to flying a few years ago.

Thats a start....Now if that was something out than entire US ( west Coast ) and $690.00 is a bit steep... Thank you

You specifically asked for Jeppesen, but here is a cheaper alternative.

If you insist on paper backups, you’ll have to buy them somewhere. And if you insist on Jepp it’s not gonna be cheap. I can’t help you; my last paper chart expired 13 years ago.

You are “rejoining” a different IFR world than you left. By all means, use the familiar paper ones if that’s where you comfort level is now. I flew with a pilot who did that at first when he came back to flying a few years ago.
Well said.....I still have my Jepp binder and carry my "brain bag " ....The adjustments will take some getting used to...

Thats a start....Now if that was something out than entire US ( west Coast ) and $690.00 is a bit steep... Thank you
For that money you could buy an iPad and a subscription to Garmin Pilot for a year. Get all the plates and monthly updates.

Well said.....I still have my Jepp binder and carry my "brain bag " ....The adjustments will take some getting used to...
I'll also mention that when you move to EFB charts, you may discover that the additional cost of doing Jepp is not worth it. Preferences definitely exist but the reasons for the preference are substantially less than they were in the paper days. Even the best part of Jepp, the 10-9 airport information pages, are less of an advantage with most of that information easily accessible in the EFB. And the electronic Jepp low enroute charts on EFBs really suck. I'm met Jepp zealots who hate them.

No longer use paper at all, with the panel mount avionics, a phone and a backup tablet, along with a power bank or two, Garmin Pilot/foreflight/wingx/flightplan/gps have just obsoleted paper.

I'll also mention that when you move to EFB charts, you may discover that the additional cost of doing Jepp is not worth it. Preferences definitely exist but the reasons for the preference are substantially less than they were in the paper days. Even the best part of Jepp, the 10-9 airport information pages, are less of an advantage with most of that information easily accessible in the EFB. And the electronic Jepp low enroute charts on EFBs really suck. I'm met Jepp zealots who hate them.
I’ve met Jepp employees that hate them.

Back