Want To Buy Looking for B3D32C412-C

Chrisgoesflying

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Chrisgoesflying
I am looking for a McCauley three blade prop B3D32C412-C. Must be under 10 years old or last overhaul must be less than 10 years ago. My current propeller is coming up to the Canadian, mandatory 10 year overhaul. Having shopped around for overhauls, it seems like overhaul will take longer than what I'm willing to be grounded for so my thinking is to buy another identical prop with some life left in it, put that one on and take my sweet time overhauling my original prop.

FWIW, I recently had my prop overhauled by Johnson Propellers in Shafter, CA. The turn-around was pretty quick, IIRC.

FWIW, I recently had my prop overhauled by Johnson Propellers in Shafter, CA. The turn-around was pretty quick, IIRC.

How long door to door? I will have to ship the prop from Canada. Everyone I’m asking up here is quoting 6(ish) weeks plus shipping. My mechanic said that’s optimistic.

How long door to door? I will have to ship the prop from Canada. Everyone I’m asking up here is quoting 6(ish) weeks plus shipping. My mechanic said that’s optimistic.
I don't remember, but it would be worth a call to them on Monday. Good folks.

H & S is in the greater Detroit area. You could possibly drive it over yourself.

I talked to them. It's several weeks of turnaround time and driving it there is far from where I live. I would consider flying it there, getting it done and then flying back home but I don't want to stay in Michigan (or elsewhere) for several weeks waiting around. But, I wouldn't mind spending more overall by getting a second prop with a year + left before next overhaul due date and have 0 downtime.

Johnson propeller is a good shop, but they’ve been getting a little idealistic- no longer doing IRANs or AD inspections of beyond the 10 year mark.

Stockton closed. Henry thankfully closed and their props are subject to ADs.

Golden State Propeller in San Luis Obispo seems to do good work.

Hayward in California likes to be spendy- and Santa Monica propeller I *think* is winding down.

American Propellers in Redding is hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnson propeller is a good shop, but they’ve been getting a little idealistic- no longer doing IRANs or AD inspections of beyond the 10 year mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they have a new policy in the last few months, Johnson overhauled my 57-year-old prop at the beginning of the year.

Back