LinkedIn

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
How many of you are using the LinkedIn service? I've been using it lately to help grow my professional network. I started thinking that it might be useful amongst the aviation types for those looking for flying careers.

www.linkedin.com is the website.

AirBaker said:
How many of you are using the LinkedIn service? I've been using it lately to help grow my professional network. I started thinking that it might be useful amongst the aviation types for those looking for flying careers.

www.linkedin.com is the website.

I've been using it for professional contacts and as part of a job-search strategy.

wsuffa said:
I've been using it for professional contacts and as part of a job-search strategy.

It has worked very well for me in my IT profession... get good job offers directly 4-6 times per year based on my peer ratings/comments and resume. Hasn't cost me a dime. It gets my thumbs up!

I keep getting invites for this from various individuals that I know... Is this going to be a new source of SPAM? I'm considering giving in and signing up - but I've heard that once you sign up - they only way to "un-signup" is to stop using that email address?!

Anyone care to offer some additional details based on their experiences?

I got roped in by a previous boss when he got laid off. I was unimpressed. I was able to get out of the mix by sending them two emails, but the devil is in the details to find the right contact for removal.

Although my boss said he got a new job as a result of it, I am skeptical. But, even if it only gets your foot in the door for an interview, you are ahead. I didn't like the constant badgering from them in my inbox.

I signed up a few months ago, mainly to get back in touch with some former colleagues and classmates with whom I had lost touch, and it worked very well for that. I haven't used it for job searching yet.

I signed up way back when it was new. A few acquaintances have signed up and linked with me, but basically I never use it, never visit it.

what is this like a facebook for professionals or something?

I've been on linkedin since it was relatively new ... never got spam from it

Back