Letter to FAA Regarding Alcohol Use

UTLonghorn_1979

Pre-takeoff checklist
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
UTLonghorn_1979
Hello,

I met with my HIMS AME today and he asked me to mail the FAA the items I have so far regarding a denial/reconsideration related to alcohol use. Does anyone have an example or suggestions on what to and not to include in the latter? He also suggested it be no longer than 1 page. ANy thoughts?

Thanks!

On or about July 1, 2024, my application for a Class III medical certificate was denied by the FAA for history of alcohol abuse.

I am currently consulting with Dr. J. Smith who is a HIMS trained AME. At his direction, I am submitting the attached documentation to facilitate the FAA reconsidering my application for a Class III medical certificate.

Please advise of any additional documentation the FAA requires in making a determination.

On or about July 1, 2024, my application for a Class III medical certificate was denied by the FAA for history of alcohol abuse.

I am currently consulting with Dr. J. Smith who is a HIMS trained AME. At his direction, I am submitting the attached documentation to facilitate the FAA reconsidering my application for a Class III medical certificate.

Please advise of any additional documentation the FAA requires in making a determination.
I was surprised that sending things in piecemeal was suggested. Would have figured all items at single time from the HIMS AME. I was encouraged to hear my HIMS AME say we should have this done prior to the end of the year. I assume that just means my part and then another 12-18 month wait on the FAA?

Back