KSYR (Syracuse) landing and overnight fee?

orange

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Orange
I'm planning to do my first XC since getting my ticket last week. I'm thinking of flying up to Syracuse for my alma mater's homecoming next weekend. I hadn't been in a few years.

So it would be KFRG-KSYR in a Cherokee 160. Looks like a straight shot once I maneuver around JFK's Bravo to the northwest. About 2 hours.

My questions are regarding the landing fee and the fees to park the plane overnight.

I saw online that there is no landing fee at KSYR. I thought all airports charge landing fees. I called the FBO (Landmark Aviation) yesterday and the person who answered didn't seem too sure about her responses. I asked if it would be possible for me to park my plane overnight there and she said there is a $25 fee that gets waived with a 7+ gal fuel purchase, and there's a $5 security fee and $10 overnight fee. So if I understand correctly, it will only cost me $15 (assuming I buy the fuel) to land and park there overnight?

Do any of you have direct knowledge of SYR and/or this FBO?

Thanks.

I fly there frequently, always the company plane though, but it's a tiny FBO, don't think it cost would much, with fuel, 15 extra in BS sounds about right, heck for $5.40 a gal, they might even waive it, if you ask nice. They can also coordinate a rental car for you.

I take lessons at KSYR currently (and work at SU - GO Orange!). Anyway, those fees sound correct. It's pretty cheap up here compared to what you are probably used to! Oh, and gas is cheaper (self-serv) at Oswego, 35 mi to the north, which is where we always fuel up when flying the flight school's Cherokee. Probably not worth the extra stop for you though.

Last edited:
Back