KPCW - Tin Goose Restaurant and Liberty Aviation Museum

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Started off as a PoA gathering. Due to low clouds and possible icing only two members met up. "Capt Thorpe" and his daughter and me and my husband drove over to it. Nice displays and diner

Attachments

• PCW 001.JPG
    PCW 001.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 59
  • PCW 003.JPG
    PCW 003.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 57
  • PCW 005.JPG
    PCW 005.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 45
  • PCW 008.JPG
    PCW 008.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 43
My pictures here

The Ford Tri-motor is pretty much a "jack up the data plate and put an airplane under it" project. I did talk to one of the guys working on it and he pointed out the handful of original parts...

We flew up back in the fall for chili at the hangar across the runway then walked over to the museum. Some of the builders/pilots were there to show us the plane. I liked the ribbed skin forming operation. Definitely worth a trip although we did not eat at the diner.

We flew up back in the fall for chili at the hangar across the runway then walked over to the museum. Some of the builders/pilots were there to show us the plane. I liked the ribbed skin forming operation. Definitely worth a trip although we did not eat at the diner.
Was that September 15th by chance? =)

Yes, it was. Flew in with two other RV's. Four days later one of them died in his sleep. I hope I can fly until my last days.

Yes, it was. Flew in with two other RV's. Four days later one of them died in his sleep. I hope I can fly until my last days.
I'm so sorry for your loss, and am glad you got to make the trip!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw you. I was there with my son in a rented 172 on a lark. Was my first xc after my checkride.

I was in the red/wht -10 with my wife and two kids.

Back