KAHN PIREP Requested

dwalt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DWalt
I'm flying in for business on Wednesday and just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with a crew car or method of getting to UGA from the field.

Khan is one of a group of genetically engineered "supermen", a tyrant who was defeated in the Eugenics Wars of the 1990s. These supermen had been bred to be free of either mental or physical defects. Khan had been both the most successful and the most benign of the group, ruling western Asia until he was deposed.

Last edited:
Haha perhaps I should revise the title to read "Athens/Ben Epps"

I've flown into KAHN a number of times for fuel on my way down to FL and the Bahamas. They are friendly and have a crew car. I have no idea where UGA is located, though, so I'll leave you to MapQuest for that.

They have 2 crew cars. Old ex-police cars. One of them has a problem with the door locks and will not unlock. If you are going to use one in the morning you shouldn't have any issues. Lunch time can be tough as the military training pilots frequent the airport almost daily. Worse case- you can walk down to the terminal building and the Hertz folks can get you a fairly cheap rent car. UGA is about a 10 min drive(take a GPS if you are UN-familiar. The roads are VERY confusing) Nice airport and newer FBO that is run by the city. Tower controllers are great. I have been flying into KAHN for about 12 years with multiple trips a month. Have never had a bad issue. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Runway 9 at AHN...

KAHNRunway9.jpg

If you are going to be staying at the UGA Conference Center Hotel (which is very nice), they will pick you up and you won't need a rental car or the crew car. It's a only a short drive from the airport. The Dawg House bar has decent food, even if you get in late and are starving.

Funny, I've flown a lot of approaches there but the wheels have never touched the ground.

Back