JPI 830 set fuel quantity after takeoff

maduro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Maduro
Anybody know how to set the fuel quantity with the JPI 930 after takeoff like in this video(for the 700, I think)? Thanx.

Yes, exactly like that. Two minor caveats: you need to wait a bit after “Program?” comes on until the “refuel?” option shows up (which is demonstrated in the video).

Second, if you’re adding a “nonstandard” amount of fuel, the amount is added to the initial fuel remaining, not to any presets you have. Example: I have presets for 34 (tabs) and 48 (full). But if I filled to the tabs on one side but not the other, it doesn’t add or subtract from those presets; the “custom” number you put in is basically what you pumped. So, if I landed with 24 and added 7 to each side, you need to step through +34 and +48 to get to the “custom” one and scroll it to 14. After you accept, it’ll show 38 remaining less whatever you burned between then and startup.

HTH.

Llewtrah381 is this the same for the 830? I accidently listed for 930 in my post but I think that might be of interest for others. Thanx.​

Yes, exactly like that. Two minor caveats: you need to wait a bit after “Program?” comes on until the “refuel?” option shows up (which is demonstrated in the video).

Second, if you’re adding a “nonstandard” amount of fuel, the amount is added to the initial fuel remaining, not to any presets you have. Example: I have presets for 34 (tabs) and 48 (full). But if I filled to the tabs on one side but not the other, it doesn’t add or subtract from those presets; the “custom” number you put in is basically what you pumped. So, if I landed with 24 and added 7 to each side, you need to step through +34 and +48 to get to the “custom” one and scroll it to 14. After you accept, it’ll show 38 remaining less whatever you burned between then and startup.

HTH.
How does one set "presets" in the 830?

Thanks!

I found this in this PDF:

Page 42-

Resetting ‘USED’
Every time you inform the EDM that the aircraft is refueled, the amount
of fuel USED is automatically set to zero (unless the instrument is
programmed to ACCUM? Y ). To manually zero the amount of fuel
USED at any time, manually STEP to display USED and then hold
both buttons until the display shows ‘0USED’ (this normally takes about
five seconds.

I found this in this PDF:

Page 42-

Resetting ‘USED’
Every time you inform the EDM that the aircraft is refueled, the amount
of fuel USED is automatically set to zero (unless the instrument is
programmed to ACCUM? Y ). To manually zero the amount of fuel
USED at any time, manually STEP to display USED and then hold
both buttons until the display shows ‘0USED’ (this normally takes about
five seconds.

That’s an older manual, I think, and applied to my old 700. But the newer software (such as in the 830 I upgraded to a few years ago) is covered by the manual I linked to. For the old software, although one could reset the fuel in flight if one had forgotten to do so on the ground, it would reset it to “full” right then. The new software subtracts the fuel used since startup when it’s reset in flight. Take a look at the bold text on page 40 in the one I linked to (twice).

Back