Jekyll Island for the weekend

Twin_Flyer

Cleared for Takeoff
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Twin_Flyer
Flew down for my Birthday. Just needed to get out of town.. If anyone is coming in PM me. I would love to meet so POAers. At the Hampton for the weekend. So far the wife and I are loving it here...:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Hope you guys have a great time! I was just down there a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed that the seafood resturant on Jekyll that use to overlook the ocean across the road from the putt-putt course is now a Mexican resturant. Even though lunch there was so-so, we went up to St. Simons for supper and ate at Barbara Jeans. They have awesome crab cakes there.

I really like the setting of that Hampton Inn. The restaurant that I liked (Sea Jays)has changed hands since I've been there. (Now 685Seafood). I'm disappointed that the few reviews I read weren't that great. The Sea turtle rescue facility was interesting. We did the behind the scenes tour which was worth it because they happened to be treating a turtle in the operating room at the time. St. Simons is always a good time, too.

Flew down for my Birthday. Just needed to get out of town.. If anyone is coming in PM me. I would love to meet so POAers. At the Hampton for the weekend. So far the wife and I are loving it here...:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Just missed you! Left last Monday...

Paul

Always stop at St Simons on the way up and down the coast,both islands are great. St Simons is getting a new FBO building and hotel on the field. Same operators.

I really like the setting of that Hampton Inn.

I was curious about that place. I have a few HHonors points built up and was looking for somewhere to burn them. Sounds like it might be a viable option.

It's not your typical looking Hampton Inn. Pool behind the hotel is surrounded by live oaks. Then you walk through the woods on a boardwalk to the beach which was never crowded. We enjoyed it.

Yes they do!!

And Fancy Q has great sushi if you're into that.

I've worn out Fancy Qs many times! B' jeans is aight I guess . But you you really want to step your game, B&Js in Darien is my go-to spot for seafood in S. Ga. Friday and Sat night the Buffett is off the chain. But get there before 5 or you'll wait an hour or more.

Back