Jay: Someone needs a place to stay!

Yep, my phone has been ringing all day about this. (We're off today and tomorrow, so we haven't been at the hotel or the airport.) At first it was people making sure it wasn't us that went down; then, after the news story hit, folks just seeking more info.

Looks like the guy did a pretty good job in a bad situation. "No one hurt" is always the best ending to an off-airport landing.

Well Jay ,Did you offer him a room for the night?
After all we pilots must take care of other pilots!
Dave G.
P.S. i would have, we have to stick together

The reporter went to google, saw the Forster listed as a Multi engine fixed wing, and reported that "when the engines went out...."

I thought Iowa City was a university town. God save us.

I thought Iowa City was a university town. God save us.

Technically, I *think* there is a school there.. "Coralville Community College" if I remember correctly. :D :D

I heard about it when I stopped by Green Castle today. I was wondering if someone was showing up a little early for Jay's pool party!

I heard about it when I stopped by Green Castle today. I was wondering if someone was showing up a little early for Jay's pool party!

You know, Jay always says "We're just 300 yards off the end of Rwy 25". Maybe this guy was confused by that. ;)

I know you're joking, but those were my first thoughts, too.

In a weird way I was glad to hear the pilot was overflying Iowa City, on his way elsewhere, simply because our airport doesn't need any more bad press after the three accidents we had here last summer. Those three accidents have impacted our airport quite severely, resulting in landing pattern changes and adversely influencing the decision to entirely close our airport during runway reconstruction next month, rather than utilizing partial runways.

Back