iOS 18 ???

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 18? Any problems? Likes?, dislikes?
Paul in AZ.
Just upgraded an hour or so ago. I've got a MacBook, and there's a new iPhone Mirroring app in MacOS 15 (Sequoia, also new) that lets you view and control your phone from the Mac without having to pick it up/unlock/remove from pocket/whatever. It required iOS 18, so I upgraded th phone as well. I haven't really noticed any difference, haven't tried any new features yet.

I don't have an iPhone, but I've been running the iPadOS 18 beta and got the release a day or two in advance. I haven't seen any significant anomalies, except one in Garmin Pilot that was fixed i a recent update. The EFB vendors are saying they have found some issues so hold off, but I haven't seen anything crazy. Couple of interesting new features. The notes app makes your handwriting more legible. You can now handwrite equations and the iPad will solve it. There is finally a native calculator. You can place app icons and widgets almost anywhere on a home scree without the OS forcing them to be sequential and you can to a certain degree resize widgets (nice decision to adopt an Android feature I really like)

Iphone XR company managed phone so I can’t go to iOS18 until the company tells my phone to ‘go fetch’.

There is finally a native calculator.
giphy.gif

I don't have an iPhone, but I've been running the iPadOS 18 beta and got the release a day or two in advance. I haven't seen any significant anomalies, except one in Garmin Pilot that was fixed i a recent update. The EFB vendors are saying they have found some issues so hold off, but I haven't seen anything crazy. Couple of interesting new features. The notes app makes your handwriting more legible. You can now handwrite equations and the iPad will solve it. There is finally a native calculator. You can place app icons and widgets almost anywhere on a home scree without the OS forcing them to be sequential and you can to a certain degree resize widgets (nice decision to adopt an Android feature I really like)
Wow, only took them since the invention of Android phones to adopt being able to put icons where you want them, lol.

Upgraded on Tuesday (2 days ago). No problems, other than the fact that it wouldn't go until I freed up 10.5GB or so.

With RCS support in iMessage, the wall around the garden got a little lower.

Working ok for me but it auto turns on “game mode” when I play chess. I’m terrible and the phone doesn’t need to put all other functions on the back burner. I found a way to turn it off but haven’t been able to actually do it. The directions sounded like I’ll need to do it every time I play a game, which is really stupid if true.

Satellite texting (if you have an iPhone 14 or greater) works pretty well. Little wonky to get connected, but ultimately works. Tested yesterday in my Duke at 16.5k feet doing about 170kts over the ground (headwinds...).

I haven’t updated yet, but am looking forward to text scheduling. I can’t remember the number of times that I’ve forgotten to tell someone something and remember at midnight. This way I can text and not wake them up; text will go thru in the morning.

Updated the iPad to iOS 18 and the MacBook to Sequoia the other day. My iPhone finally "found" iOS 18 tonight.

I was trying to rearrange some icons and put a couple into a folder together earlier, and I couldn't seem to do it by dragging one on top of the other. I figured some of this resizability might have something to do with it... And then I realized that I hadn't done the update yet and I was actually just fat-fingering it. :rofl:

Back