I LOVE Half Moon Bay Airport

kimberlyanne546

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kimberly
With lots of restaurants and coastal views, Half Moon Bay is a very busy untowered airport on the ocean with a huge runway.

Today I was lucky enough to fly with a POA member in a 150 out of KPAO.

Thanks to Cloud Ahoy, I "recorded" our flight.

More to come with videos and photos of the flight, but it was a PERFECT day and a great flight.

6951140047_59e19284f3_b.jpg

My wife and I share your affection for this spot. For a weekend getaway from our home in Central Oregon it puts you close to SF without the attendant hassle if you just want to unwind. Good call!!!!

It can be kinda lonely..... :dunno:

Attachments

• KHAF Solo.jpg
    KHAF Solo.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 47
Goofy, are you on the NorCal canards mailing list?

Yup I am, say who is the second canard at Oakland? Saw him landing the other day when leaving and am pretty sure it wasn't you.

Last edited:
I saw the Long EZ parked outside the old T hangars last week and tucked a business card in her canopy - haven't heard anything yet.

Touch and goes at Half Moon Bay in 2005... Ah yes, part of what's still my most memorable, #1 favorite flying experience ever. Saw the Bay area, California coastline, part of Oregon, Mt. Shasta, & more. Californians, you're lucky you've got some of the best flying scenery around! And the Half Moon Bay area has some excellent fresh seafood at restaurants and markets.

Attachments

• 2005_KHAF.jpg
    2005_KHAF.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 18
I saw the Long EZ parked outside the old T hangars last week and tucked a business card in her canopy - haven't heard anything yet.

I heard from a canard pilot that I missed a big day at Half Moon Bay recently. In fact, I was there that night for dinner and saw one Long EZ and emailed him to see if it was his.

Back