I had a crash, but I am OK. (no Video)

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
On the 12th ( yesterday) I had a wreck on my bicycle. I had hard rubber tire on the front wheel and it came off of the rim. I was going right along when this happened. I didn't have helmet or gloves. I cut my eye brow and my hand open. Had to have 5 stitches in my hand. I am really sore today but nothing is broken. I posted this on the purple board and got some great response. Go ahead and let me have it. Bob :redface:

See that? If you'd been wearing a helmet, you wouldn't have cut your hand. :D

And I'll bet you didn't file a flight plan, either.

:D

Glad it wasn't worse- back when I was an avid cyclist, I had a few spills, but many more close shaves... it's a wonder I didn't get myself killed.

I'm just glad you're o.k. I'm not one to bust your (well, you know) for safety equipment as I abstain myself.

I wonder why that defective tire wasn't noticed at the last annual:dunno:

Ray, That is what I get for taking it to a tail dragger mechanic, to work on a trike, I mean bike. You are right it should have been caught. Thats funny! Bob :yes:

Contributing Factors: Inadequate control following loss of wheel.

I'm glad to see you're Okay!

Glad to hear you are ok, You should have had a helmet on. No joking about it. Once saved my life once, I would never think to ride without one.

On the 12th ( yesterday) I had a wreck on my bicycle. I had hard rubber tire on the front wheel and it came off of the rim. I was going right along when this happened. I didn't have helmet or gloves. I cut my eye brow and my hand open. Had to have 5 stitches in my hand. I am really sore today but nothing is broken. I posted this on the purple board and got some great response. Go ahead and let me have it. Bob :redface:

Bob, glad to hear you are safe and got taken care of. Please wear a helmet -- I know it sounds stupid, but it's all that can save you from death in some cases. (Take it from me, I've got more wounds and scars under my hair from helmetless cycling. All helmet, all the time now.)

Be safe.

Cheers,

-Andrew

My front wheel gives way and I lose an Apache.:hairraise:
Get well, soon!
ApacheBob

Sorry to hear about your crash, Bob, although I don't understand the "hard rubber tire" bit. Hardened from age and split?

When I was going to OSU, I rode with no protection - it was not the norm then. Now I'm older and falling off a bike has more consequences. I wear a bicycle helmet and lightweight leather driving gloves to protect the hands from a fall as I know my hands will inadvertently be the first thing to hit the concrete.

They should put out an AD on guys over 70 for riding bicycles. They should be called in to have their heads examined. I think a guy could get killed on one of those crazy contraptions. I think that is why Orville and Wilbur left their bike shop in Dayton, OH. and went to NC. to discover flying. To try to save some of the people. Bob :yes:

They should put out an AD on guys over 70 for riding bicycles. They should be called in to have their heads examined. I think a guy could get killed on one of those crazy contraptions. I think that is why Orville and Wilbur left their bike shop in Dayton, OH. and went to NC. to discover flying. To try to save some of the people. Bob :yes:

Maybe they'll catch the mental instability at your next medical :D

Back