Help

aimee.granados2006

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Aimee
I have a bit of a situation and i need opinions on what course of action to take. I was working as a sales representative for a tire company im also not in school at the moment because im waiting to get certified by the FAA to start flight school. I graduated this may and have been only working to save up money for school. My issue is i got fired a few days ago and ive been super upset and now i feel as if im lazy and embarrassed by my situation. Everyone is going to school and i feel as if im stuck and look bad. I just wanna know if theres any suggestions on a course of action anything i should do? I just wanna be able to do something i can go to community college but i dont wanna spend money if my medical gets approved so im stuck and I feel so anxious about everything. I really wanna be a pilot but i feel so let down and discouraged.

Get another job. Check out positions at the airport. If you live near an airport with airline service, there are always cleaning jobs for the airplanes that overnight there.

I have a bit of a situation and i need opinions on what course of action to take. I was working as a sales representative for a tire company im also not in school at the moment because im waiting to get certified by the FAA to start flight school. I graduated this may and have been only working to save up money for school. My issue is i got fired a few days ago and ive been super upset and now i feel as if im lazy and embarrassed by my situation. Everyone is going to school and i feel as if im stuck and look bad. I just wanna know if theres any suggestions on a course of action anything i should do? I just wanna be able to do something i can go to community college but i dont wanna spend money if my medical gets approved so im stuck and I feel so anxious about everything. I really wanna be a pilot but i feel so let down and discouraged.
At least around here, the FBO's are always looking for people work the ramp/fuel/etc. Pay ain't great but it will be a job at the airport doing airplane things. If you have any mechanical skills see if the shop needs a helper. no different than any professional field, if you want to work in aviation, starting at the bottom is very helpful. Might even get you a discount on flight hours.

Get another job. Check out positions at the airport. If you live near an airport with airline service, there are always cleaning jobs for the airplanes that overnight there.
I have I'm also thinking about stopping by to as in person as well just nervous they wont help me for some reason

At least around here, the FBO's are always looking for people work the ramp/fuel/etc. Pay ain't great but it will be a job at the airport doing airplane things. If you have any mechanical skills see if the shop needs a helper. no different than any professional field, if you want to work in aviation, starting at the bottom is very helpful. Might even get you a discount on flight hours.
Ouu this sounds good I might stop by the airport today so hopefully just waiting on an job application to go through

If you can't fly, think about becoming a mechanic.... there is a shortage these days.. There are some community colleges where you can earn and AS Degree with this..

I’d go out tomorrow and get a job, almost any job, part time. After that, get lined up with a course or 3 at the community college. Hopefully you have living arrangements sorted out.
Unless you have skeletons in the closest, the medical should follow.

Good luck with everything, don’t let a little speed bump derail your plans.

I’d go out tomorrow and get a job, almost any job, part time. After that, get lined up with a course or 3 at the community college. Hopefully you have living arrangements sorted out.
Unless you have skeletons in the closest, the medical should follow.

Good luck with everything, don’t let a little speed bump derail your plans.
Im hoping im trying to not spend extra but i might cause you never know w the faa

Depending on the type of flying you plan on doing, many will want to see a college degree obtained before they will consider hiring you. It doesn’t have to be in aviation. I would recommend finding another job and then start taking classes at a local college towards a degree you can use outside of flying.

Back