Help needed regarding Beech Bonanza weights.

BananaHands

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Michael Johnson
Hello, first post so lease let me know if this is unacceptable in any way.

I am working towards my manufacturing engineering certification and for my first project/presentation decided on the Beechcraft Bonanza as my subject, namely the wings.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find the weights of the wing assembly, main spar, or landing gear anywhere. Is there someone here who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

I would relist in the maintenance section or go to the Beechtalk forum.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find the weights of the wing assembly, main spar, or landing gear anywhere.
It is extremely rare to non-existant to find published individual weights of main components or structural items like wings or spars for various reasons. Normally you can find weights for items that could be individually changed in the course of an aircraft service life which would be found on the Equipment List in a Bonanza Pilots Operating Handbook or Aircraft Flight Manual. Items like the engine assembly, aircraft wheels/tires, seats, etc. would be listed similar to the Cessna list below.
Cessna 172 Weight & Balance section

Last edited:
It is extremely rare to non-existant to find published individual weights of main components or structural items like wings or spars for various reasons. Normally you can find weights for items that could be individually changed in the course of an aircraft service life which would be found on the Equipment List in a Bonanza Pilots Operating Handbook or Aircraft Flight Manual. Items like the engine assembly, aircraft wheels/tires, seats, etc. would be listed similar to the Cessna list below.
Cessna 172 Weight & Balance section
I almost contacted Beech directly but I had a feeling this would be the case.

You've picked an airplane with very unusual wings!

Back