Great Lakes/Midwest July lunch?

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
I just realized nobody's posted a meetup thread yet and it would be next weekend. Is anyone still interested in doing this? There are still a few places we haven't done... OEB, 3W2, 61D, ...

Maybe the weather is finally shifting.

Cheers

Oshkosh is the next weekend after that.

If no one is interested, that's okay too. My flying club is doing a group outing to 3W2 after the workbee on Sunday (I think, I have to check which day it is). I may do that anyway. Of course, any PoAers are welcome to join us! ;)

I have West Side championships this weekend, so I will be persona non attenda.

Will be working on the house (Dad's) this weekend hoping to get it ready to list by Mid September. After that I am hoping for an avionics upgrade. WooooHoooo

Won't be able to as that weekend is booked up, but I am looking forward to August.

August 31 will by the 6Y9 Fly-In.

August 31 will by the 6Y9 Fly-In.

Have that on the calendar, but wife has to work. I might still fly up. Whats the plan for that? How many days, Where would I stay, tent?

About 4.5 hours each way so not a same day trip for me.

Have that on the calendar, but wife has to work. I might still fly up. Whats the plan for that? How many days, Where would I stay, tent?

About 4.5 hours each way so not a same day trip for me.

Some start arriving as early as Thurs. The rest come in Fri/Sat. Most stay till Monday. You can camp under your wing or rent one of the [two] cabins from the mini-mart that are adjacent to the field.

So anyway it's not an "official" meetup, but tomorrow a few members of my flying club will be taking a day trip to 3W2 after the morning workbee which starts at 9am. Somewhere between 12 noon and 1pm is a good ETA. If anyone is in the area feel free to join us at the terminal where we'll be paying the $11 ramp fee (or whatever it's gone up to now). I have no idea what will be on the agenda for the day, but I imagine it'll involve renting a golf cart or three and touring the island.

Back