Grass strips north of Atlanta?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
My son is moving from Dallas to the Atlanta area (Norcross) in a few weeks, and I'm looking for grass strips north of Atlanta. Might even move there someday. :) Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

I'm on the south side of ATL, so I can't help you out much with northside airports. As far as moving down here, I will say - Come on down! I've got a big 'ol glass of sweet tea with your name on it! :)

Hopefully Lance will chime in about the airports in the area. I haven't gotten out to explore much, but now that I have a 'mission'...... ;)

I'm on the south side of ATL, so I can't help you out much with northside airports. As far as moving down here, I will say - Come on down! I've got a big 'ol glass of sweet tea with your name on it! :)
Yummmmm, sweet tea! :yes: A lady just has to love that southern hospitality. :yes:

I haven't gotten out to explore much, but now that I have a 'mission'...... ;)
Have you been to Peach State (GA2)? That's the only airport I've been to in the area. Stopped there on my grass strip tour. Ate at the restaurant on the field. I hear they now have a museum and some other stuff going on at the airfield. Neat, neat little airport! :)

I know Peachstate well. I live at Mallards Landing (GA04), about a 10-15 minute flight from Peachstate. Really nice airstrip...though a bit rough. The museum and restaurant are up and running, and really nice!

Have you been to Peach State (GA2)? That's the only airport I've been to in the area. Stopped there on my grass strip tour. Ate at the restaurant on the field. I hear they now have a museum and some other stuff going on at the airfield. Neat, neat little airport! :)

I know Peachstate well. I live at Mallards Landing (GA04), about a 10-15 minute flight from Peachstate. Really nice airstrip...though a bit rough. The museum and restaurant are up and running, and really nice!

Interesting... I have heard of Peachstate, but never been there. For some reason, I was under the impression that it was a private-use or 'open once per month' type of setup, so I've never been there. I'll have to check it out!

0GE5 , Mountain Airpark, Cleveland, Ga is my base. Friendly to good pilots who are current with short field techniques. Lots of ultralights and classics. Some no radio aircraft based here.:yikes:

A couple of private strips are Lenora and Mathis. Peachstate would be a bit south. It is open on a regular basis with a beautiful museum and a very nice restaurant (Barnstormers Grill) on the field. I think they've started construction on a second hangar / museum there.

I have a number of friends living at Spring Valley...6GA4. I guess you'd call it northeast of Atlanta. It's private but you and son would be most welcome.
If you're around next Sat afternoon/evening, there's a cookout happening there. Come on out!
Southern hospitality combined with tail dragger friendliness. What could be better?

0GE5 , Mountain Airpark, Cleveland, Ga is my base. Friendly to good pilots who are current with short field techniques. Lots of ultralights and classics.

What a beautiful place! Snuggled up to those beautiful mountains. Looks like a lot of airplanes based there.
Some no radio aircraft based here.:yikes:
Oh no!! :eek: :D

A couple of private strips are Lenora and Mathis.
Thanks, Randy. :) Those look interesting.

I have a number of friends living at Spring Valley...6GA4. I guess you'd call it northeast of Atlanta. It's private but you and son would be most welcome.
If you're around next Sat afternoon/evening, there's a cookout happening there. Come on out!
Southern hospitality combined with tail dragger friendliness. What could be better?

Thank you, Lance. Sounds like my kind of place! :yes: Looking forward to seeing pictures from the cookout. :)

So far, I have flown commercially twice, and driven once to Atlanta to visit my son. Tom and I plan to drive down for Halloween. Hopefully I'll fly the Citabria down sometime next year.

So far, I have flown commercially twice, and driven once to Atlanta to visit my son. Tom and I plan to drive down for Halloween. Hopefully I'll fly the Citabria down sometime next year.

Let Barbara and I know when you're in town.

Let Barbara and I know when you're in town.
Randy, I'll give you a holler if it looks like we have some time that they don't have planned for us. I would love to see you guys again, and I want you to meet my better half, too. :)

Randy, I'll give you a holler if it looks like we have some time that they don't have planned for us. I would love to see you guys again, and I want you to meet my better half, too. :)

We would look forward to it.

Back