Gliders near Phoenix, AZ

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
I'm going on a trip out to Scottsdale, AZ two weeks from now. If I have time, i'd like to go to one of the soaring schools and take a ride/lesson or two. I don't have any prior experience in a glider.

Any recommendations?

two popular places that have been around a long time...
azsoaring.com
turf-soaring.com

Turf is out of business. But Gary Boggs from Oregon is down there for the winter providing tow services and glider rides. It's at the Pleasent Valley Airport, NW of PHX. I'm not sure how to contact him. But I'm sure the guys at azsoaring would know.

Turf is out of business. But Gary Boggs from Oregon is down there for the winter providing tow services and glider rides. It's at the Pleasent Valley Airport, NW of PHX. I'm not sure how to contact him. But I'm sure the guys at azsoaring would know.

PM me if you interested in Contacting Gary.

Brian

OT: I did a week doing glider acro in AZ some years ago (Les Horvath et al). It was a week in mid-winter, about this time of the year. Weather was perfect in a way - perfect blue skies, calm winds, smooth air. Didn't see a single thermal all week.

I've never been anywhere and seen that much sun and so little convection.

Not bad for an intro lesson or two.

I got my rating from Estrella, south of the metro area. Great school. I think there are a bunch or gliders out at Deer Valley (KDVT) too.

Back