Garmin GPS map 496 + panel mount

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
I am selling my 496 because I installed an Aera 560. There really isn't much difference between the two, except the 496 can split screen and the Aera cannot. Some claim the 496 has better direct sunlight viewing due to a better back light. I like the 560 touch screen, others say its hard to use in turbulence and the button on the 496 are better.

What you see is what you get:

GPS Map 496
Bare wire harness
Airgizmo panel mount
Remote GPS antenna
XM antenna
Yoke mount
Cig. power cord w/speaker
Quick disco clip(I think this is for the auto dash mount, which I don't have)
Quick ref guide
Carry tote

The GPS is in excellent condition and works perfectly. It was panel mounted and never pulled out except for updating. I had it slaved to the GNS 430W. I had XM running with weather and music.

$950 shipped CONUS. Trade in value with Aircraft Spruce is $925 for the 496 and you are getting $200 in panel mounting equip.

I don't have Paypal, as they are about as crooked as a three dollar bill. I won't use them. Period. Checks, MO's, green backs, gold or even trade for???? Refs I have on this board is Tom Winter and Kurt Snyder, both times I was the buyer. Met Tom at his locale square in TN and sent Kurt a personal check.

If you are near Arkansas, I'm sure we could meet somewhere at an airport, as I always need an excuse for the wifey to fly. Price is the same if I ship or we meet up.

PM me if your interested.

Pics nice and big so there is no debate about what your getting.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 496-.jpg
    496-.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 496.jpg
    496.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Good luck selling your 496, they are great units. Just curious why you say PayPal is crooked? I have used it for years in both directions and never had a problem. Not trying to hijack your thread, but a quick response is appreciated.

I kind of miss my 496. It was bullet proof and I had learned all the functions.

The VNAV profile on the 496 was solid. And I had a street navigator with me in the courtesy car.

I'm running a 696 now and it's a good unit, but it's heavy as a brick.

Good luck selling your 496, they are great units. Just curious why you say PayPal is crooked? I have used it for years in both directions and never had a problem. Not trying to hijack your thread, but a quick response is appreciated.

Because I got scammed, papal is a facilitator of scammers and there are many like me that have the same story. Sellers have no recourse with PayPal. Even in the face of ridiculous evidence, the seller is ALWAYS wrong with PayPal.

I used it for several years with no issues. When eBay took them over is when things really went south. I've had other issue with them. Collectively, I think PayPal is a fraud factory.

Because I got scammed, papal is a facilitator of scammers and there are many like me that have the same story. Sellers have no recourse with PayPal. Even in the face of ridiculous evidence, the seller is ALWAYS wrong with PayPal.

I used it for several years with no issues. When eBay took them over is when things really went south. I've had other issue with them. Collectively, I think PayPal is a fraud factory.

Copy that, thanks.

Back