Fun signs!

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
So any interesting or fun signs you've found, feel free to share. Here's one I want to get as soon as I have a GSD:

4y87ona.jpg

Here are some...

Attachments

• 214935-bridgeout.jpg
    214935-bridgeout.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 214934-dogsign.jpg
    214934-dogsign.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 137
I saw that shepard sign in Switzerland. It's even more ominous written in German. Plus, from the looks of the dog, it looked like they overestimated the time it would take him to get there!!!!

I got this one in the mail

Attachments

• hosed.jpg
    hosed.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 61
Somebody sent me thses:

Attachments

• familyplanning.jpeg
    familyplanning.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 110
  • bumper.bmp
    287.2 KB · Views: 42
One I've heard about but not seen:

Edge of the world --- 4mi
Houghton ----------- 8mi

Last edited:
I dont have a pic, but there was this billboard a while back in Thibodaux, LA, that said "ROTOR ROOTER "We Make House Calls!!""

A couple more:

Attachments

• trespass.jpg
    trespass.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 27
  • ForecastingStone.jpg
    ForecastingStone.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 91
You must not stay in too many motels. That sign in pretty common, as must be, maroons who will hang clothes on anything.

That very thing was the cause of a massive flood in our university's brand new dormitory last fall.

You must not stay in too many motels. That sign in pretty common, as must be, maroons who will hang clothes on anything.

I have seen that sign a lot. In Ottawa a few years back I had to change rooms because the person above me decided to use the sprinkler head to run their clothes line in the room. It was a large meeting of the ITU and the room above me was filled with four people who were delegates from a small thrid world nation. I think this was their first trip away from home. They also all shared the same laptop computer.

I have seen that sign a lot. In Ottawa a few years back I had to change rooms because the person above me decided to use the sprinkler head to run their clothes line in the room. It was a large meeting of the ITU and the room above me was filled with four people who were delegates from a small thrid world nation. I think this was their first trip away from home. They also all shared the same laptop computer.
When we were at Mackinac last year, someone in a BRIDAL PARTY (maybe the Bride? I don't remember) used the sprinkler to hold their dress, with the expected result. Ouch!

I didn't get a picture of one on the side of one of those huge dumpsters that fit on the back of a truck but it said "Satisfaction guaranteed or double your trash back"

One that I don't have a picture of is at Jimmy John's Sandwich place (they have a lot of great signs)... At the entrance of the hallway to the restrooms, there is a sign that says "4U2P" (say it out loud... it'll make sense).

Here are some of my other favorites:

Attachments

• Procrastination.jpeg
    Procrastination.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Stupid.jpeg
    Stupid.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 77
  • sign-small.jpg
    sign-small.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Apathy.jpeg
    Apathy.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 71
Photo of a sprinkler in a hotel room in Halifax, NS.

Bob,

Those #@$@# stickers are everywhere. I actually make note of which hotels have them - of the past 12 stays in Courtyard Mariotts (9 of which in the past 9 weeks) - all have them. Who in the HELL thinks that is a good idea?!

Cheers,

-Andrew

I had four consultants from our Indian division come to the states once. I was picked to take them through their first assignment - the whole team - who had never been to the US before.

I got an angry call from the Residence Inn we had them at one night, at about 3:30 in the morning. The manager said if they didn't stop cooking whatever they were cooking, I'd have to come down there and find them a new place. Turns out that they really didn't know how to cook and had burned curry in oil about 9 times that night, setting off the smoke alarms and making the hotel smell something similar Commercial Road in Bangalore.

Ah, good memories...

Cheers,

-Andrew

saw this one on the walk from the airport in Northhampton, MA (7b2)to the downtown.

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 88
Bob,

Those #@$@# stickers are everywhere. Who in the HELL thinks that is a good idea?!

An insurance company. Haven't you seen the ads for the insurance company that claims to have saved $xxx millions by making their clients install those stickers?

I had four consultants from our Indian division come to the states once. I was picked to take them through their first assignment - the whole team - who had never been to the US before.

I got an angry call from the Residence Inn we had them at one night, at about 3:30 in the morning. The manager said if they didn't stop cooking whatever they were cooking, I'd have to come down there and find them a new place. Turns out that they really didn't know how to cook and had burned curry in oil about 9 times that night, setting off the smoke alarms and making the hotel smell something similar Commercial Road in Bangalore.

Ah, good memories...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Similar problems the firs time we brought over a group of Chinese engineers. All young men in their 20's. They were completely unprepared for western life. They were used to women doing the cooking and cleaning. Lots of calls from the hotel about them. The final straw was when they had to rush one to the hospital. Seemed he ate at McDonald's three times a day for a week and went nuts with his money and would stuff himself silly with burgers. He had a killer stomach ache that actually hobled him. After that we got them an apartment and took them shopping. We also made sure that whenever a group come over their were more independant adults with them.

Saw this sign while driving through a small village in Cornwall, UK:

"Slow down for fox sake!"

Saw this sign while driving through a small village in Cornwall, UK:

"Slow down for fox sake!"

For the second time I had a possum or raccoon commit hara-kiri under my wheels at night. Both left wheels did crunches. I didn't see the critter until my lights picked up something gray with black stripes with a long tail.

I didn't stop. I also haven't checked for guts on the undercarriage.

Hope it wasn't somebody's cat. :dunno:

Found this on in a shopping center parking lot.

Attachments

• img226.jpg
    img226.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 47
Get a new ad writer...

Attachments

• pork.jpg
    pork.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 50
I think I'll keep going, thank you...

Attachments

• lodging.jpg
    lodging.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 20
Near Hartford, CT- I 'd thought other places on this planet would get this "honor":

Attachments

• Satans Kingdom.jpg
    Satans Kingdom.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 41
For the second time I had a possum or raccoon commit hara-kiri under my wheels at night.
This morning in Appleton, Wi: Squirrel runs left to right across the four lanes. Squirrel screeches to a halt and reverses narrowly missing as the SUV ahead of me gets close. Running back in the oncoming lane one it gets clipped by the car going the opposite way. In my mirror I see curving and writhing squirrel repeatedly jumping and flipping about 2 feet in the air in the lane. :hairraise: I think his front legs were broken. Poor guy.

"If I only had a camera" award -

There is a grocery store near me that has a parking space reserved with a sign that says "Reserved for Expectant Mothers". One day I was walking through the lot and noticed a car in that spot that was all decorated up with 'Just Married' painted all over.

Back