FS: Garmin 396 with Everything

flyingriki

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
flyingriki
Have a used 396 with all the bells and whistles. Dash bean bag mount, yoke mount. No manual but both antennas. Works great. Have overnight charged the internal battery a few times and it still works fine. Polished the screen once, by mistake, and rubbed off the antiglare. Doesn't really affect things. Just adjust the screen a bit and any glare goes away. Always was that way... No scratches or damage, has flown me all over the country. Wanted the safe taxi of the 496 and upgraded otherwise I'd still be flying it. Can send photos this weekend. The AirGizmo seems to be sold.
Asking $400 OBO plus shipping.

Checked the glare tonight on the relatively new 496. No different than my 396. Have had a couple low ball nibbles on a couple forums but don't feel like giving away a unit that cost a couple thousand a few years ago. This is a good price for an excellent GPS with a lot of extras.

Last edited:
Checked the glare tonight on the relatively new 496. No different than my 396. Have had a couple low ball nibbles on a couple forums but don't feel like giving away a unit that cost a couple thousand a few years ago. This is a good price for an excellent GPS with a lot of extras.

The 396 (and 496 for that matter too) is a good unit, but it came out over 10 years ago in the pre-iPad era. With ads-b out becoming more and more common, folks are less interested in the Garmin units with XM pucks. What are they going for on eBay? That's a pretty good indication of their market value at this point.

The 396 (and 496 for that matter too) is a good unit, but it came out over 10 years ago in the pre-iPad era. With ads-b out becoming more and more common, folks are less interested in the Garmin units with XM pucks. What are they going for on eBay? That's a pretty good indication of their market value at this point.
That's a steal compared to what they're going for on eBay. If I needed one, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Hell, a good unit on eBay could fetch $5-600, so buying it just to resell it could be worthwhile ;)

That's a steal compared to what they're going for on eBay. If I needed one, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Hell, a good unit on eBay could fetch $5-600, so buying it just to resell it could be worthwhile ;)
Sounds like an opportunity for the OP if he's willing to deal with eBay.

I'll also mention that I was most successful selling aviation stuff on barnstormers. Forum ads seem to be hit or miss (unless you're selling a popular headset or the like).

Sounds like an opportunity for the OP if he's willing to deal with eBay.

I'll also mention that I was most successful selling aviation stuff on barnstormers. Forum ads seem to be hit or miss (unless you're selling a popular headset or the like).
More traffic -- everybody from every forum looks at BS, so I can imagine that. Things that aren't nearly as quick movers will get more visibility and move more quickly than they otherwise would (on the purple board or pilot spin ;)) as a result.

The Package...

Attachments

• 396.jpg
    396.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 28
I got $900 for a flakey GNC-250XL that would infrequently reboot by itself. I did full discloser and as-is and was surprised to get that much for it.

Back