-GMA 340 Audio Panel
-KT 76A

Upgraded to 125HP

Total time = 3149 hours
Total time engine= 1167 hours. 0-235 F2A

Red and White

Flown regularly

Reason for selling: Bought an RV4

Call Jerry 402 890-5397 for more info and pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdk914b5czn1q7j/AAADhHYDxjdVO22GD8E-wcIXa?dl=0

Last edited:
They just lowered the price to $15,000. Should sell quick now, they were asking $23k.

The AA1s are great little planes.

A picture would help you sell it.

Here is the link to the pictures. This is an IFR / VFR trainer for $15k, although it was not used as a trainer much. Has some minor hail damage. If you are thinking of getting your ticket buy this plane for training, get your tickets, and sell the plane.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdk914b5czn1q7j/AAADhHYDxjdVO22GD8E-wcIXa?dl=0
Before you take this suggestion, get this specific plane's W&B data and then put yourself and your instructor on a scale. While AA-1B's have 60 lb more MGW and more useful load than the AA-1/1A, they are still a bit short on useful load for carriage of two "average" 21st century American males and enough fuel to go much farther than the practice area. BTDT giving IR training to an AA-1C owner (and the Lynx is even better than the AA-1B on this score), and we had to really hunt for an examiner light enough to give the practical test.

Before you take this suggestion, get this specific plane's W&B data and then put yourself and your instructor on a scale. While AA-1B's have 60 lb more MGW and more useful load than the AA-1/1A, they are still a bit short on useful load for carriage of two "average" 21st century American males and enough fuel to go much farther than the practice area. BTDT giving IR training to an AA-1C owner (and the Lynx is even better than the AA-1B on this score), and we had to really hunt for an examiner light enough to give the practical test.

Good advice with any aircraft.

This aircraft had a HP upgrade to 125 HP and carries 2 big guys. The last trip I was part of the occupants flew 2.5 hours to look pick up an RV with no fuel stops. :dunno:

Last edited:
Good advice with any aircraft.

This aircraft had a HP upgrade to 125 HP and carries 2 big guys. The last trip I was part of the occupants flew 2.5 hours to look pick up an RV with no fuel stops. :dunno:
The 125 HP Sparrowhawk STC from Air Mods NW does not include any MGW increase. The fact that the plane got airborne with "2 big guys" does not necessarily mean it was legal, and does not mean the landing gear can take the possible stresses. Note that the landing gear is the primary limiting factor on the early AA-1-series aircraft, and it was the change in landing gear construction which allowed the extra 60 lb MGW going from the 1A to the 1B.

The 125 HP Sparrowhawk STC from Air Mods NW does not include any MGW increase. The fact that the plane got airborne with "2 big guys" does not necessarily mean it was legal, and does not mean the landing gear can take the possible stresses. Note that the landing gear is the primary limiting factor on the early AA-1-series aircraft, and it was the change in landing gear construction which allowed the extra 60 lb MGW going from the 1A to the 1B.

I always think take off weight. Didn't even cross my mind about the load on the gear.

I always think take off weight. Didn't even cross my mind about the load on the gear.
Lots of factors go into determining MGW, and I doubt many pilots can rattle them all off (including me). As a result, few pilots have the expertise to be able to ascertain when MGW may be safely exceeded and by how much, and what additional limitations must be observed to do that. And those who do are usually called "test pilots".

Back