Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE)

BGF_Yankee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
BGF_Yankee
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this place? Just looking for basic info at this point. Curious what people have to say. Thanks!

Attention: Grant and Leslie.

I was there with Bruce a while ago and it was first class.

Easy to get in and out - Banyan as others have said is top-notch

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about this place? Just looking for basic info at this point. Curious what people have to say. Thanks!

Nice field, Banyan is a v friendly FBO with any service you could require and a top tier pilot shop. As an FBO they are not cheap, but consistently rank in the top in the country. You also have customs on the field if the Bahamas are on the agenda (Banyan rents life rafts). Fuel is not cheap, and if I was coming in from the north, I would look at the prices on the fields s-sw of Lake Okeechobee, the cheapest prices in the region are usually there among 3 that I forget the identifiers for. I avoid flying N-S along the terminator road between civilization and Everglades due to the high volumes of training in the area. I usually stay 20 miles west until I can intercept the localizer for 13 or 09 then come straight in.

Last edited:
Flew into there last week. It's a little busy but not a huge problem

We parked at Sano for two nights. That's the FBO that doesn't accept comments on AirNav. I don't know why not. They were courteous, helpful (arranged a rental car for us at a very good price), and fuel prices were not outrageous. I'd use them again.

Flew in there a few years back and it struck me as a top-notch operation.

Back