For Sale For Sale - 1976 Piper Archer II in San Diego - Asking $120,000

robertb

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
robertb
Hello everyone,
My hangar neighbor just doesn't have enough time to enjoy his Piper Archer II and I am helping him sell it. I have spent a lot of time in 4731F and it is a fun little plane. Here are the specs:

Asking price is $120,000 but see comments below.
1976 Piper Archer II (PA 28-181)
4,100 Airframe Hours
2,090 SMOH on O360-A4M (Compressions at last annual Overhauled/72/75/75)
SkyTec Starter
Bogert Copper Battery Cables (From battery to starter - impressive modification)
Garmin GNS430W (Just repaired by Garmin w/ warranty, screen in great condition)
KX155 Nav/Comm
S-Tec 60-2 Auto-pilot
Garmin GTX327 Transponder
ADS-B Out by UAvionix Tailbeacon
PMA8000B Audio Panel
BatteryMinder
Electric Trim
IFR Pitot-Static & Transponder completed August 2023
Annual Due August 2024
Paint in very good condition

It flies regularly so hours are approximate.

I haven't sold a plane in about 10 years and any thoughts on what I've failed to list, just let me know. The plane is listed on Trade-A-Plane and will soon be on Controller too. As AOPA's VRef valuation tool is no longer available and my research shows values all over the place, any respectful thoughts or feedback on value, marketing, or other comments are welcomed. All 40 photos can be viewed at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/171tDGUgX-FgdepXn4gYxIv_5va3GM_12?usp=sharing .

Attachments

• 1 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • 4 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    4 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 8 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    8 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 26 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    26 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 28 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    28 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 33 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    33 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • 34 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    34 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 37 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    37 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 38 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    38 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • 40 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    40 4731F - PRINT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Did I post this in the wrong place? I figured I would have gotten a dozen comments by now about how it is priced too high, too low, the photos are blurry, not enough info, too much info, why we aren't using a broker, why we shouldn't use a broker, and, most important, boxes or briefs?

I haven't posted much since the Red Board and Purple Boards went away. Has everyone here gotten nice and friendly and afraid to hurt my feelings? ;) ... the pot has been stirred...

Ask yourself if plane is worth $160k after engine OH. TBO is just a number, but a buyer will be looking at the high time SMOH and asking themselves the same question. I have heard in the past that a lot of banks might not loan against high SMOH planes.

Ask yourself if plane is worth $160k after engine OH. TBO is just a number, but a buyer will be looking at the high time SMOH and asking themselves the same question. I have heard in the past that a lot of banks might not loan against high SMOH planes.
Thanks for the response! Good way to look at it. I suspect there may be a price adjustment once I get a little more feedback.

We aren't supposed to comment on price.
True and thank you for the response. If the op invites comments, it's ok. I wondered about that too and looked at the forum rules on that topic before posting. Maybe I should post in the general group and ask, "what's it worth"? That might bring more comments.

I figured I would have gotten a dozen comments by now about how it is priced too high, too low, the photos are blurry, not enough info, too much info, why we aren't using a broker, why we shouldn't use a broker, and, most important, boxes or briefs?
If you didn't get many comments then that may be a sign that your pricing might be in the ballpark.

Did I post this in the wrong place? I figured I would have gotten a dozen comments by now about how it is priced too high, too low, the photos are blurry, not enough info, too much info, why we aren't using a broker, why we shouldn't use a broker, and, most important, boxes or briefs?

I haven't posted much since the Red Board and Purple Boards went away. Has everyone here gotten nice and friendly and afraid to hurt my feelings? ;) ... the pot has been stirred...
The Purple Board was still there the last time I checked.

Back