Flyin! This weekend! LOE 2011, Weatherford, OK ( KOLA )

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
This is a laid back RV fly in at Weatherford, OK (KOLA) this Friday and Saturday October 7th & 8th, Planes leave Sunday morning.

LOE stands for "Lots Of Experimentals" and if you live in the area this is a great place to see RV's, meet their drivers and builders, and hang out and enjoy a good social event. There are auctions and raffels, dinners, beer socials, air museum, all kinds of fun things to do, including a shuttle to downtown Weatherford for shopping.

All aircraft are welcome. We won't throw rocks at your Cessnas. ;)

Last edited:
A jet was cleared for an overhead break by the tower at ILM just as I was coming down final on thursday. A few minutes after I walk in to the FBO, two guys in air force flight gear walk in. I was expecting to see an F-15 on the ramp but it turns out they were in an air force learjet

A jet was cleared for an overhead break by the tower at ILM just as I was coming down final on thursday. A few minutes after I walk in to the FBO, two guys in air force flight gear walk in. I was expecting to see an F-15 on the ramp but it turns out they were in an air force learjet

Are you sure it was not an RV-8 painted in an AF scheme? ;)

Weatherford was one of the stops during my itenerent college FB days. The "old airport" north of town had been closed and the city was without air service. Clinton was the closest airport, and the base of operations for the thriving "refreshment importing" business that Jimmy Patterson and I operated. I may have had more solo cross-countries to Wichita Falls, TX than anybody else in the territory.

PS: The CFI/FBO owner was fond of Old Forester. Suffice to say that his cabinet was fully stocked.

This is a laid back RV fly in at Weatherford, OK (KOLA) this Friday and Saturday October 7th & 8th, Planes leave Sunday morning.

LOE stands for "Lots Of Experimentals" and if you live in the area this is a great place to see RV's, meet their drivers and builders, and hang out and enjoy a good social event. There are auctions and raffels, dinners, beer socials, air museum, all kinds of fun things to do, including a shuttle to downtown Weatherford for shopping.

All aircraft are welcome. We won't throw rocks at your Cessnas. ;)

Back