Flew to Runway Cafe at LBX today

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
Finally made it over to Runway Café today at Texas Gulf Coast Regional (KLBX) today. The Café was very nice and clean. I was really impressed when I walked in. The staff was fantastic and the food was excellent. I sure hope this place makes it. If you guys are looking for a nice place to fly for some food I would highly recommend.

I was pleasantly surprised to visit there last Tuesday night and find two other planes on the ramp with another one taking off at about 7:00 pm. The food was great and my passenger for the evening might just look up the flight training school near his home. Mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you guys have finally discovered this little gem of a restaurant! We go there as often as we can!
:)

The Saturday burger special is a great deal there!

Sitting in LBX right now. Surprisingly there are a few tables occupied for Friday lunch.

And was there again for dinner tonight. There were three aircraft for dinner and a local couple. The cole slaw ain't bad.

Haven't made it there yet but flew from KSGR to KCXO and had brunch at Black Walnut Cafe today. Got flight following and was cleared into Bravo both ways. Line guys were super helpful at Galaxy FBO - beautiful day for the flight.

Haven't made it there yet but flew from KSGR to KCXO and had brunch at Black Walnut Cafe today. Got flight following and was cleared into Bravo both ways. Line guys were super helpful at Galaxy FBO - beautiful day for the flight.
Love the Black Walnut cafe, too!

I actually did my first cross country from KDWH to KLBH about 2 months ago. I was stunned to find at least 4 jets on the tarmac. I wondered....what is close by that rates people flying in on private jets. I did eat at the same Runway Cafe yet I have a very different opinion of the food. the staff is good but the food? not so much

I actually did my first cross country from KDWH to KLBH about 2 months ago. I was stunned to find at least 4 jets on the tarmac. I wondered....what is close by that rates people flying in on private jets. I did eat at the same Runway Cafe yet I have a very different opinion of the food. the staff is good but the food? not so much
Have you been this year? They reopened in March and make a fine meal.
Also in my top places for lunch. Next, fly to Lockhart and take the courtesy car to Black's.

Visitors to one of Dow Chemicals biggest plants, LNG terminal nearby. Billions being spent on construction.

Back