Different "Look"

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
POA has switched to a very text-oriented look and won't allow the use of the emoticons. Did I inadvertently change a setting??

POA has switched to a very text-oriented look and won't allow the use of the emoticons. Did I inadvertently change a setting??
Maybe. :dunno: <do you see this guy?

Go to User CP < Edit Options, and see if everything is checked like you want it.

Maybe. :dunno: <do you see this guy?

Go to User CP < Edit Options, and see if everything is checked like you want it.

I see the emoticons....but when editing the emoticon set appears to the right but clicking on one doesn't do anything. I also have no logo at the top of the page. It's really strange. I did check my options...nothing changed there. And this isn't a 4/1 prank! I'm seriously confused by the change! I originally assumed a browser glitch, but get the same regardless of browser.

I see the emoticons....but when editing the emoticon set appears to the right but clicking on one doesn't do anything. I also have no logo at the top of the page. It's really strange. I did check my options...nothing changed there. And this isn't a 4/1 prank! I'm seriously confused by the change! I originally assumed a browser glitch, but get the same regardless of browser.
Have you tried it on another computer? Sorry, that's about the end of my technical skills. Hopefully someone else will respond.

Have you tried it on another computer? Sorry, that's about the end of my technical skills. Hopefully someone else will respond.

It's fine on my iPad. I'm traveling so only have my notebook to test it for now.

You could try a different browser. If the images have a little box with an X, then maybe you reset the "load images with page". Since you didn't say which browser you were using, or OS, it's hard to get specific.
Another cause might be your overall security settings. Did you recently upgrade your virus scan or your firewall software? How do other sites load? For instance, try the AOPA or EAA site. Lots of graphics there. Google too.

It's some kind of concurrent glitch that happened simultaneously in IE and Firefox. Both are affected. Downloaded Opera and everything is fine there. Still trying to figure out what setting changed in the others.

Have you tried deleting your cookies, or at least the cookies related to POA?

Back