Diagnosed with Hemorrhoids

M

Mike2240

Always had hemorrhoids at my 50 year old colonoscopy screening GI doc said I should get a consult with a surgeon these hemorrhoids were larger then usual. I had a consult was told I should get surgery it was the only option banding, or other methods would not work they bleed once in awhile not all the time.

I went on some forums read what others experinced who got this surgery the stories were hellish. Know that scale 1-10 pain scale they said it was 100 trying to have a BM one woman said the pain was 10 times worse then her experience with natural childbirth. I also watched some of these surgeries on YouTube surprised how deep they cut into the muscle.

I had another consult with another surgeon after reading a review from a woman who said she was left incontinent she was in process of filing a lawsuit against this surgeon. I chickened out on the surgery. I have managed it with types of food I eat and fiber still bleed once in awhile. The question is can I get a class 3 medical being that I was advised to get surgery decided to not go through with it. I'm able to sit in a chair all day and don't have to race to the bathroom or anything. IMO this surgery is sort of elective surgery not really something you have to get. It's been more then 3 years since I saw the last doctor about this is this something should be reported on the MedExpress form.

Hemmorioids aren't generlaly regarded as aeromedically significant....when you report the diagnosis, the visit and then the AME yawns....Hemmoroid surgery CAN be painful.

Last edited:
An acquaintance of mine had hemorrhoid removal surgery a few years back.
He instantly regretted that decision.
Don’t do it.

The Doctor already beat me to it with regard to how it affects your medical.

Oh man, what a pain in the ass. Eat lots of fiber, no straining, don’t spend a long time on the can. No advice on surgery, a lot people get them. But I do think if they aren’t really bothering you then waiting is probably a good idea. I eat steel cut oats almost every day, works well for me.

Hemmorioids aren't generlaly regarded as aeromedically significant....when you report the diagnosis, the visit and then the AME yawns....Hemmoroid surgery CAN be painful.

Had a thrombosed hemorrhoid removed while I was at OCS. After surgery they gave me one of those sitz bath bowl inserts for soaking the rear end as well as one of those donut cushions to use while sitting. Some wisea$$ called me COMNAVHOLEBOWL, and that name kinda stuck for the rest of OCS. Fun times!

Back