DFW to T35 fly out, Sunday Dec. 6

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Various Dallas area pilots are headed for a burger and more run to Cameron. Arriving about 10:30-11:00. See thread at http://www.dfwpilots.com/board/index.php?showforum=4

I have right seat and one rear seat open for those that can meet me in Denton and want to go.

And the PoA monkey should be there too.

ACK!!!!!
I want to meet this monkey!

I will be working most of the weekend.
What restaurant is at T35?

Damn..... That's like 3 hours each way. I'm looking for somewhere to go but that's too far for a quick trip.

ACK!!!!!
I want to meet this monkey!

I will be working most of the weekend.
What restaurant is at T35?
The new "50s Cafe". Great food, great people! (Check my FB page from a few weeks back for pix and the story.)

There are 15 planes there right now (Saturday) from the Austin area. We would be there with them, but the RV is down for maintenance.

I second that. Great cafe, great owner, great staff and great pilots.
Mr. Bob, the owner, used to be the mayor of Cameron. The cafe was busting in seams today and Mr. Bob was helping, cleaning tables etc. That is one business that wants our business.

Be nice tomorrow, guys, don't break anything and enjoy the food!!

FWIW, I think Cameron has a different definition of 1/4-lb patty. I got a double and I think the total weight was over a pound! That was one awesome burger!

Attachments

• P12-05-15_13.17.jpg
    P12-05-15_13.17.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 30
6PappaZoobalooMyDahling just texted he might be going. Anyone else interested....

10 folks attended.

Good food. We will be returning.

12342318_10208276406934758_7513531724152959574_n.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151206_124000_006-1-640x423[1].jpg
    20151206_124000_006-1-640x423[1].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 127
I ended up at Flaps Down Grill @KASG. Good flyin spot. But, they are closing for the winter on dec 20th. Not sure when they are opening back up.

I second that. Great cafe, great owner, great staff and great pilots.
Mr. Bob, the owner, used to be the mayor of Cameron. The cafe was busting in seams today and Mr. Bob was helping, cleaning tables etc. That is one business that wants our business.

Be nice tomorrow, guys, don't break anything and enjoy the food!!

FWIW, I think Cameron has a different definition of 1/4-lb patty. I got a double and I think the total weight was over a pound! That was one awesome burger!

Did you ***tyourpants after that burger?

I would love to tag along next time this happens; I'm based out of Midway KJWY and fly out of Addison KADS pretty frequently.

Will do. Monitor the Austin group too.

What airport are you based at?

KIWS? I'm flying in tonight, can I borrow your car for an hour? :D

Hah, if I was going to be anywhere near the airport tonight, I'd come meet you. Fortunately they have plenty of crew cars... and don't require you to be a corporation ;)

Gas will be expensive today, though. I only guy gas there on the weekends for the weekend fuel special price :yes:

No worries, maybe we will get to meet next time.
LOL, you saw my SugarLand post, I see. Actually, it was a no-name airport ... shhhhhh :)

I don't mind paying them a little extra for fuel if I get to use their awesome courtesy car. I just hope the girls behind the counter are a little nicer tonight. I know ours (at my home drome) always are.

Off to the skies! My long IFR X/C awaits.

No worries, maybe we will get to meet next time.
LOL, you saw my SugarLand post, I see. Actually, it was a no-name airport ... shhhhhh :)

I don't mind paying them a little extra for fuel if I get to use their awesome courtesy car. I just hope the girls behind the counter are a little nicer tonight. I know ours (at my home drome) always are.

Off to the skies! My long IFR X/C awaits.
Do you normally have an issue with the girls at IWS? They have a couple new ones that seem to make mistakes (like forget to apply the weekend fuel discount lol), but Courtney usually does right by me.

Back