Cross Country Advice- Midwest to So Cal

Flyboy2000

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SAL
Hello All,

I am planning on picking up a Piper Arrow in Indiana and flying it to Southern California with my PPL son. I was looking at what routes would be recommended? No Oxygen so prob 8,500 ft. Great if anyone has done this recently...Probably launch next week. Thanks for any info, and tips.

Tony

I've flown this route lots of time. It should be no problem in an Arrow, even when it's hot at the surface. The endpoints are Dalhart, Tx and Montgomery Field in San Diego. Don't be afraid of the Phoenix Class B area.

1718388680652.png

I've flown this route lots of time. It should be no problem in an Arrow, even when it's hot at the surface. The endpoints are Dalhart, Tx and Montgomery Field in San Diego. Don't be afraid of the Phoenix Class B area.

View attachment 130053

That’s essentially what I’ve done. Fly to the Dalhart area and head west. It’s an easy trip.

Scenic, if its not tooo way out of the way, is that two or three days? I was planning on crossing into cali at Blythe and then over to SNA/AJO/or CNO..

Stop in Borger Texas. X-wind runways, clean efficient FBO, very close to the best chili rellenos ever!

Back