Consultation question…

A

Anonflyer2

Medical consultation question…

I met with a HIMS AME about two months ago for a consultation as I have some history that might require a few things to be well documented. No ADHD, Drugs, or Alcohol related stuff.

Mainly OSA, adjustment disorder due to a life event where I met with a licensed mental health counselor, and past use of Xanax when traveling on long flights for work.

The HIMS AME I met with indicated that none of which were going to be an issue. He reached out to a HIMS Psych whom he frequently refers clients to for evals with my situation and his colleague recommended a path forward. He suggested I get summary notes on past issues from my providers. In response the providers drafted up letters explaining the past and current status. I sent those letter/notes to the AME to ensure it meets the gist of what he needs to issue. The AME doesn’t see this as a HIMS case but one that should be well documented.

I’ve been waiting for two months on a reply from him. Today I heard back but wasn’t confident what was drafted would suffice as he simply asked that I fill out the med express, make the appointment, and we could go over the documentation.

I’m concerned as I want to ensure with to as close to 100% certainty that I can get issued and not deterred or worse denied.

Would it look like doctor shopping if I got a second opinion from a different AME but provided the history of working with the previous AME?

It is up to you, but I would fill out the medexpress and just not give them the number. If everything goes well and the AME can issue, you can then give the number and get your medical. It seems like it would be a lot easier to just stick with the AME that is willing to try to get you through with the least amount of FAA tango as possible, but switching doctors is your prerogative.

the adj disorder will need to be investigated by the FAA. … meaning a likely deferral.

Medical consultation question…

I met with a HIMS AME about two months ago for a consultation as I have some history that might require a few things to be well documented. No ADHD, Drugs, or Alcohol related stuff.

Mainly OSA, adjustment disorder due to a life event where I met with a licensed mental health counselor, and past use of Xanax when traveling on long flights for work.

The HIMS AME I met with indicated that none of which were going to be an issue. He reached out to a HIMS Psych whom he frequently refers clients to for evals with my situation and his colleague recommended a path forward. He suggested I get summary notes on past issues from my providers. In response the providers drafted up letters explaining the past and current status. I sent those letter/notes to the AME to ensure it meets the gist of what he needs to issue. The AME doesn’t see this as a HIMS case but one that should be well documented.

I’ve been waiting for two months on a reply from him. Today I heard back but wasn’t confident what was drafted would suffice as he simply asked that I fill out the med express, make the appointment, and we could go over the documentation.

I’m concerned as I want to ensure with to as close to 100% certainty that I can get issued and not deterred or worse denied.

Would it look like doctor shopping if I got a second opinion from a different AME but provided the history of working with the previous AME?
You can fill out the medxpress and it will turn into a pumpkin as long as he doesn't put the application number into the computer. Or you can get a second opinion if you don't like his. Who are you worried about thinking you're doctor shopping?

Many pilots don't realize how much work ahead of any meeting goes into a qualification file.
so
If you don't pay for the file to be worked (it's using HIS TIME) you do the phsyical and what you get is what you get.

or

You pay his professional rate, he reads the file, opines as to what you need, you go get that, and only when you have all that, do you do the application exam. Yes he may ask for the PDF print of your MEdXpress so he can see how it will appear to OKC. But a good one doen't use the code. And no he cannot coach as to the CREATION of the Medxpress.

But at the heart here, is prior to the application, he paying for consultative services. If you met with the fellow and document review was not conducted....you need to clarify what is included in his "meet"...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back