Constructing a Landing - humor

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
About six miles inland from U. S. Route #1 - Wiscasset, Maine, today I witnessed a delayed landing. The plane isn't all there but there are no known injuries.

HR

Attachments

• Lucky Lady_1.jpg
    Lucky Lady_1.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Lucky Lady_2.jpg
    Lucky Lady_2.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Lucky Lady_3.jpg
    Lucky Lady_3.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Lucky Lady_4.jpg
    Lucky Lady_4.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 34
Wow, those guys are lucky that they managed to crash into those conveniently formed blocks, and totally miss the trees and buildings right next to them. That's some pin point aiming, right there.

Matthew: We should do lunch sometime. I was in Augusta visiting the guys at WABK and a couple other contacts. I had my handheld with me but I didn't hear much action out of AUG.

HR

Lost the tailfeathers and spun in so hard it converted the trees it hit into lumber. Interesting...

It kind of looks like the engines got spun around on the mounts too.

The nose looks like an early mark B-24. Only two engines still hanging on the wings, however. Must have been a nasty crash. :p

Matthew: We should do lunch sometime. I was in Augusta visiting the guys at WABK and a couple other contacts. I had my handheld with me but I didn't hear much action out of AUG.

HR

Absolutely, Harley, that'd would be great! Are you in the capitol region often? We live in Waterville, but I spend quite a bit of time (obviously) in Augusta. I don't really know too much about your region (Down East is what they call it, right?) just yet, but I'd be happy to meet you where ever it's most convenient. If you feel like coming up to WVL, I know of a GREAT deli up here.

That's not a whole lot of action of be heard out of AUG. We have four-five flights a day through there, the FBO has four rental planes and three charter planes that are kept marginally busy, and guard copters come over and shoot the ILS every now and then. Other than that, though, there is VERY little traffic around here. Let me know when you're around next, hopefully I'll be able to break away from the airport!

I'm 12.5sm from Wiscasset Airport. Driving to Augusta is a 1/2 hour matter, pending conditions. It's pretty much straight, from Wiscasset to Dresden to Pittston to Randolph; then cross the bridge into Gardiner; turn right to Hallowell > Farmingdale > Augusta.

I don't punch a clock these days, so I can move at your convenience -- even the extra 19sm from Augusta to Waterville.

HR

Back