Commercial Passenger Drop-off at LAX

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
I am looking at bringing a passenger to LAX to catch a commercial flight next month. Assume I am comfortable but not thrilled flying into KLAX itself, so it's an option but not a requirement. What are the best ways to get my passenger from my little bird to the big one? Thanks!

Have the FBO drive them to the terminal.
Plan some time… may take a bit.

Have the FBO drive them to the terminal.
Plan some time… may take a bit.
I figure a couple hours just to taxi to the FBO if they stick me on the north side for landing.

Are there landing fees at LAX? FBO ramp fees? Security fees?

For comparison, the minimum fixed-wing GA landing fee at SFO is $326 for the 2024-25 fiscal year (plus all the FBO fees). On the other hand, I've been to multiple Bravos that had no landing fee.

Are there landing fees at LAX? FBO ramp fees? Security fees?

For comparison, the minimum fixed-wing GA landing fee at SFO is $326 for the 2024-25 fiscal year (plus all the FBO fees). On the other hand, I've been to multiple Bravos that had no landing fee.
One thing you can’t count on at LAX is waiving any fees based on avgas purchases. Rampfee.me is confusing too, with prices from $25 to $182 for a light piston twin. Probably user error entering some of those figures.

Thanks everyone. We've found a way to accomplish the trip without involving LAX at all. Rewatching the LAX episode of the "Real World Coast to Coast" video series I purchased years ago helped with the decision. (It was the segment of the video captioned "2 hour taxi" that did it for me.)

Back