Colorado Pilots: Saturday 24 Mar 2012

In da hills or outta da hills?

I'm flying Young Eagles on Sat, but I'm free Sunday.

Somewhere with BBQ on Sunday?

I'm around this weekend. Sunday forecast is mentioning wind.

We have baby classes until 4 on Saturday. I can do something after that, or any time on Sunday.

FWIW, the NWS doesn't make it sound like winds should be too bad Sunday:

[QUOTE="NWS Point Forecast]Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 79. West southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming south southeast. [/QUOTE]

We have baby classes until 4 on Saturday. I can do something after that, or any time on Sunday.

FWIW, the NWS doesn't make it sound like winds should be too bad Sunday:

Alright already, somewhere with BBQ Saturday, Sunday, or any other time that might suit anybody else?

Ha... Accuweather says 62 MPH wind gusts on Sunday -- battle of the meteorologists, cage match to the death... BEGIN! LOL...

Yeah, Sunday doesn't look any worse than Saturday now.

I don't know of any BBQ for fly-in. There is one not too from FNL but not walking distance. I can drive and take 4. http://serioustexasbbq.com/locations.html

Eric

Alright, alright, I'll settle for edible food any time Saturday or Sunday or any other time any body might so desire...does that cover it and help narrow things down?

So the usual suspects for on-field stuff are GXY, SNY, PUB, RTN... man we need more airport restaurants around here! :)

What's in Kansas? ... 1K1 is probably too far away...

KSAF?

Sigh... where to go... where to go...

KLBF has crew cars, but I don't know what's good in town. I went to a beat down ol' diner style place there near the park... not sure that's everyone's cup o' tea...

Does Walden (33V) still have coutesy cars? That's a beautiful flight.

I can't go this weekend, but the on airport restaurant at Scottsbluff, NE (KBFF) is under new management and early reports have been good.

Scott

GLD has pie but it's just another prairie flight. Can walk to diner near SYF. Use the grass strips at either.

We could harass Barb at Torrington but dunno the x-port situation...anyway, I could stand to have my knee overhauled so maybe she could do that while we were there...

Last edited:
Fly to California and pick me up. I have the plane reserved for tomorrow, but, just like last weekend, my pilot may be out of luck. I HATE how many times I've canceled flights lately.

I'm up for BFF. Anyone like that idea?
Works for me, depending upon which day it is. But I'd probably need to bum a ride from someone (assuming I can get the wife's approval) as I'm not checked out in any planes locally - yet.

Fly to California and pick me up. I have the plane reserved for tomorrow, but, just like last weekend, my pilot may be out of luck. I HATE how many times I've canceled flights lately.
Time to start on the instrument, it sounds like.

Time to start on the instrument, it sounds like.

Not last weekend. That was when I was in the airport manager's private office and he showed me the AWOS computer thing. It showed THIRTY TWO knots at one point. I've never taken off even in the teens (rarely).

And tomorrow is a Bay Tour so IFR doesn't help me to sight see.

I'm booked the entire weekend, and the planes are booked by others. :(

It's gonna be 60º too warm for a Clark Hangar BBQ ... :)

Demi's Diner in Wray (2V5) used to be good ... haven't been there in years, tho - so don't even know if it's still there

Last edited:
Works for me, depending upon which day it is. But I'd probably need to bum a ride from someone (assuming I can get the wife's approval) as I'm not checked out in any planes locally - yet.

I'm sure you can find a ride but it'll likely cost you safety pilot duties...

Anyway, I haven't stopped in BFF so may as well go there. The airport website claims the restaurant is open 6 to 10 on Sat and 7 to 4 on Sun so picking a time shouldn't be tough.

Let's see... If Karen and I launched early...

Haha. I tell ya, there's times we'd probably do it.

Problem is, just like your XC if the weather doesn't cooperate, you'd be late getting back to work and get fired. :)

Salida still had the old cop cars when last I was there, some nice places to eat in town there...

aeff80f0-de6a-a1e8.jpg

Teller - bring the wife along! You can ride w/ me. What's the most convenient airport for you?

Teller - bring the wife along! You can ride w/ me. What's the most convenient airport for you?
That'd be awesome (so long as it's on Sunday)! You sure you have the W&B for an 8 month pregnant woman in the back seat? :rofl:

We're closest to BJC, but can make it to any of the metro area airports relatively easily.

That'd be awesome (so long as it's on Sunday)! You sure you have the W&B for an 8 month pregnant woman in the back seat? :rofl:

We're closest to BJC, but can make it to any of the metro area airports relatively easily.

She won't take it personally if we load you guys into two separate aircraft will she?! ;) (Ducking...)

It's the Teller Family Airlift! To Nebraska. Or where ever...

She won't take it personally if we load you guys into two separate aircraft will she?! ;) (Ducking...)

It's the Teller Family Airlift! To Nebraska. Or where ever...

:rofl: She says she might sit this one out. She's an uneasy flier normally...

If I can load a Young Eagle and both parents, no problem!

PM sent for additional info.

Back