Cog Screening Scoring

UTLonghorn_1979

Pre-takeoff checklist
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
UTLonghorn_1979
Does anyone know why the testers don’t allow the testee to see the actual scoring results of the Cog screen testing? I had to take a test for SSRI use a year ago and was required again by the FAA due to the prescribing SSRI Dr. stating I had “alcohol dependence.” I also had to do the ADHD protocol for some reason, even though I've never been diagnosed with ADHD.

The “Pilot Report” only provides broad results and comments like "no indication of anxiety, depression, disinhibition, substance dependence, or other psychopathology,” "very low probability of brain impairment compared to age-matched major airline pilots,” "no evidence of aeromedically significant evidence of attention or executive dysfunction that is consistent with a diagnosis of ADHD,” and "special issuance medical certificate with repeat testing of these two aforementioned areas in 3-6 months is recommended."

The second test LRPV was .177, which was lower than the first test LRPV. I’m wondering why additional testing is recommended when providing the above comments and my LRPV (probability) score was even lower than the 1st test when no additional testing or comments otherwise were provided.

As noted, they don’t allow the testee, even though I paid $3K for it, to see the actual test results.

Any insights?

Thanks!

Back