Car cover

Anyone got any experience with this type of car cover?

Not that particular one but most in that price range are very similar. It all depends on what you are covering and in what conditions. They work great for keeping dust off your car or if it’s occasionally parked outside but it’s not great for long term outside storage. The material tends to lose its waterproofing after a year and starts deteriorating and tearing after 2. When it comes to car covers more money usually means a better cover but if it’s not some expensive collector car buying an $80 cover every year or two isn’t that bad.

Not that particular one but most in that price range are very similar. It all depends on what you are covering and in what conditions. They work great for keeping dust off your car or if it’s occasionally parked outside but it’s not great for long term outside storage. The material tends to lose its waterproofing after a year and starts deteriorating and tearing after 2. When it comes to car covers more money usually means a better cover but if it’s not some expensive collector car buying an $80 cover every year or two isn’t that bad.
The climate is pretty harsh tropical maritime, so I'd expect to replace with some regularity. During the day, it's sun and whatever the wind blows onto it. At night...it's bat caca (and plenty of it).

I agree and experienced the same thing.
After buying 3 cheap ones I bought a california car cover that is custom fit that cost more than 79 bucks. So worth it, didn't know what I was missing until I spent the money on a good one.

Those that you are showing actually leave dust on your car as they are breaking down after a short time. You need a custom fit cover also. I have 3 cars under cover for 20 years now.IMG_3935.jpeg

Check this out. Cover stays on even in windy conditions with no tie downs and repels water.

Don't use it on a racecar strapped to a trailer while traveling down the interstate.

Seal Skin makes a good product pretty much across all their price points. Most experience w boat and car covers. No complaints w their more affordable 6 layer versions.

Here in south Florida I have to order a new one every year, the sun just causes it to deteriorate. I worry the heavier ones would trap the moisture.

Back