Camp Scholler 2010

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Last year Leslie and I set up a PoA compound in Camp Scholler on Saturday before the show. This year, that will be difficult to impossible, and we might not even be there until Monday night or Tuesday.

Is anyone else in a position to set up a compound in Camp Scholler, or are we all going to just spread out through the area? Remember that we have the 10-person tent and the kitchen, so somewhere large enough for everyone to gather and eat is a Good Thing. (Also, she's a really good camp cook!:thumbsup:) We're willing to pay for a spot for the entire week if it will help secure the space.

A very generous offer Grant, and I can vouch for Leslie's culinary abilities, being no slouch in the kitchen department myself. Can't help (other than bumping the thread) since I'll be camping with the Free Bird.

Still a little uncertain about my arrival time, but it definitely won't be until Sunday at he earliest.

Mmmm... Leslie's Gumbo...

...that was something very special!

I know that the www.MyTransponder.com group will be heading up early, and grabbing campsites. you might want to reach out to them if you need a group to crash with.

I had a lot of fun with them last year, but this year I wont make it.

John

I know that the www.MyTransponder.com group will be heading up early, and grabbing campsites. you might want to reach out to them if you need a group to crash with.

I had a lot of fun with them last year, but this year I wont make it.

John
Great idea, John! I've hooked up with Mike (FlyMe) at MyTransponder and we'll be setting up with them. So far we have three spaces claimed.

Grant

I will not be there till sometime Sunday afternoon. I am not sure on how to save camp sites. Where is the transponder group going to be?

Linda

Grant

I will not be there till sometime Sunday afternoon. I am not sure on how to save camp sites. Where is the transponder group going to be?

Linda
There's no way of knowing yet, since it'll depend on how quickly things fill up. Mike and Rod are planning to be there Saturday.

You might contact FlyMe at www.mytransponder.com and see if he's interested in another participant.

Well, with the rains and resultant bog, we've decided to stay in a house instead of camp. So no PoA home-cooked meal this year! :( We'll still be doing the Babes dinner on Thursday (bailing early to go to the MyTransponder party), and we'll be at Jay's party and the Watermelon Social at the Seaplane base (or is that now the "original" seaplane base? :))

Back