Broken foot

R

Rset

Corporate 135 ATP here was moving boat and the top part of the trailer collapsed on my foot ER visit broken top bone in my foot might need surgery in cast for 8 weeks wondering how this will be handled next medical

I broke my foot a few years back. I self grounded while foot was nonfunctional, and reported it at the next medical. AME could obviously see my foot was working ok. Asked where it broke, and then moved on. It was a non issue.

Not a foot, but when I broke my neck the AME asked me about the results, I just spun my head through the full range of motion and told him I was good. I'm pretty sure most AME will just check you out, it's the things that are not observable that cause problems. Some AME may want paperwork from another doctor if they're a belt & suspenders kind of doc. YMMV.

Same. Don't fly until you're healed and off any prohibited meds. Report it at your next medical-- which should be after you're healed--and if you have no loss of function that should be it. AME didn't request any records regarding my fracture.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back