Bill Engvall

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
OMG. :rofl: You guys have to watch Bill Engvall's new Comedy Central special. He does a routine about flying with the Thunderbird's that is absolutely hilarious. It's on again tonight at midnight, and I'm sure it'll be played again for the next month or so. It's taped in Austin (and I so wanted to go see him when he was here) and the Thunderbird's routine had me crying I was laughing so hard. :yes:

OMG. :rofl: You guys have to watch Bill Engvall's new Comedy Central special. He does a routine about flying with the Thunderbird's that is absolutely hilarious. It's on again tonight at midnight, and I'm sure it'll be played again for the next month or so. It's taped in Austin (and I so wanted to go see him when he was here) and the Thunderbird's routine had me crying I was laughing so hard. :yes:

"Oh look! Leather Seats!!"

Yeah, I have it already pulled off my DVR. I should make it into a streaming file everybody here can watch.

My wife and I love Bill's comedy but I'm wondering if he's in danger of overexposing himself. He has his own comedy specials, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, The Blue Collar Comedy TV show, Country Fried Home Videos and now his own series (premiered last night).

Unless they do some major rework on the show it won't last. For at least the first half it was like the wife and kids were straight men for Bill to go into a monologue. It was too much Bill and not enough situational comedy.

I should make it into a streaming file everybody here can watch.

OK.
lurker.gif

You know, this all sounds familiar... didn't they try this with another redneck comedian who had best-selling albums and their own comedy central and hbo specials? Didn't that show provide a platform for him to repeat all of his same old stand-up jokes? Didn't that show suffer a miserable death after miraculously holding on for about 1 season? Hmmm... what could I be thinking of? :)

You know, this all sounds familiar... didn't they try this with another redneck comedian who had best-selling albums and their own comedy central and hbo specials? Didn't that show provide a platform for him to repeat all of his same old stand-up jokes? Didn't that show suffer a miserable death after miraculously holding on for about 1 season? Hmmm... what could I be thinking of? :)
Given how it seems cussing, sex and violence are required to sell a show these days, Gunsmoke would have been cancelled mid-season in the first year.

Here you be. You'll have to download them (I used SendSpace.com, which lets you upload 300MB files and get unlimited downloads, with no registration required either for the person who uploads or downloads). Look towards the bottom of the page for the bouncing red arrow pointing at "Download Link".

First watch this one, which is funny and sets the stage for the Thunderbirds scene. The entire "theme" is "being cool", which he felt he never was. This starts by talking about his desire for a motorcycle:

Dork Convention WMV, 12.68MB

Then watch this one, which is the "flying" portion:

Oh Look! Leather Seats!! WMV, 23.41 MB

Do you Mac guys have a way to watch WMVs?

Hilarious... I love the, "Look, leather seats!" comment.

A SCOOTER!?!?

That and "In all of the air force, I got the comedian."

Oh look, leather seats.

Thanks. That was certainly worth it.

Yeah. Flip4Mac. My only aggravation is it keeps asking me what app can open those files, even though I check always.

What we (I) can't open (yet) is .BMPs.

1) We don't need Flip4Mac to watch WMV's... There is a Windows Media Player for Mac. The free version of Flip4Mac certainly has a better user experience (movies play in your browser rather than download and watch in viewer), and I got one of the pro versions so that I can export my iMovie work in .wmv if I want.

2) You can open BMP's... Again, they don't show in your browser, but you can open them with another program - I can't remember if Preview opens them or not, but if it doesn't, GraphicConverter (free on every new Mac for the last several years) will.

Mike, you must drink more kool-aid. :D

Here you be. You'll have to download them (I used SendSpace.com, which lets you upload 300MB files and get unlimited downloads, with no registration required either for the person who uploads or downloads). Look towards the bottom of the page for the bouncing red arrow pointing at "Download Link".

First watch this one, which is funny and sets the stage for the Thunderbirds scene. The entire "theme" is "being cool", which he felt he never was. This starts by talking about his desire for a motorcycle:

Dork Convention WMV, 12.68MB

Then watch this one, which is the "flying" portion:

Oh Look! Leather Seats!! WMV, 23.41 MB

Do you Mac guys have a way to watch WMVs?

Gack... They're gone! :eek: :(

That's what I get for not reading Hangar Talk since before OSH... Still catching up here... Anyone got 'em? Can ya re-post 'em?

1) We don't need Flip4Mac to watch WMV's... There is a Windows Media Player for Mac. The free version of Flip4Mac certainly has a better user experience (movies play in your browser rather than download and watch in viewer), and I got one of the pro versions so that I can export my iMovie work in .wmv if I want.

2) You can open BMP's... Again, they don't show in your browser, but you can open them with another program - I can't remember if Preview opens them or not, but if it doesn't, GraphicConverter (free on every new Mac for the last several years) will.

Mike, you must drink more kool-aid. :D

I need to read more on whatever plist does the associations. I keep selecting to remember to use Flip4Mac and it never remembers.

Now Jesse will come in here and make a comment about how Macs are supposed to be perfect.

Yeah. Flip4Mac. My only aggravation is it keeps asking me what app can open those files, even though I check always.

What we (I) can't open (yet) is .BMPs.

The first sounds like like Windows problem. LOL to see it on a Mac.

The 2nd ain't no big deal. BMPs suck anyways :D

Back