Bicuspid aortic valve Class 1 medical - FAA special issuance

G120TPflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Grobflyer
Hi, I recently went for a class 1 medical. The AME referred me to the FAA because of my bicuspid aortic valve for a special issuance. Does anyone here have experience with this? Is this a problem for a medical class 1 certificate?Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
A bicuspid aortic valve if there is no stenosis nor regurigation is not even a special issuance. However if thie is one of the foregoing or another exepct that stenosis or regurgitation will progress more qickly than the normal Stenotic Aortic valve or regurgitant aortic valve.

Did you have any studies? Have an echographic valve area?
B

A bicuspid aortic valve if there is no stenosis nor regurigation is not even a special issuance. However if thie is one of the foregoing or another exepct that stenosis or regurgitation will progress more qickly than the normal Stenotic Aortic valve or regurgitant aortic valve.

Did you have any studies? Have an echographic valve area?
B
Thank you very much for the quick reply.
I was also very surprised that I needed a special issuance. I have no regurigation and no stenosis.
I gave the AME the reports from the last three echocardiograms. I had everything with me at the medical examination. But he still referred me to the FAA.

That sucks. the only person who can expedite that is that AME himself :(.
Wrong AME. I believe, if the Medical officer of the day would have been consulted, he would have told him "if there were no stenosis, no reugrg, issue the certificate".

Back