BGI/AGI/FOI

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I remember something that the FOI is not required for the AGI or BGI if you are an accredited teacher at a university. I can't find a reference to this in the Flight & Ground Knowledge Test Guide FAA-G-8082-7, yet as per an FAA memo dated 2005, this document has been cancelled and I can't find the replacement. Anyone have the actual citation about the FOI?
--------
Never mind, found it. 61.183
Wonder if they'll take a copy of my contract.

61.213(b)

b) The knowledge test specified in paragraph (a)(3) of this section is not required if the applicant:

(1) Holds a ground instructor certificate or flight instructor certificate issued under this part;

(2) Holds a teacher's certificate issued by a State, county, city, or municipality that authorizes the person to teach at an educational level of the 7th grade or higher; or
3) Is employed as a teacher at an accredited college or university.

I remember something that the FOI is not required for the AGI or BGI if you are an accredited teacher at a university. I can't find a reference to this in the Flight & Ground Knowledge Test Guide FAA-G-8082-7, yet as per an FAA memo dated 2005, this document has been cancelled and I can't find the replacement. Anyone have the actual citation about the FOI?
--------
Never mind, found it. 61.183
Wonder if they'll take a copy of my contract.
Here’s the guidance the FAA refers to to issue you a ground instructor certificate:

FAA Order 8900.1 vol 5, chapter 2, section 17

See paragraph 5-673(C). Looks like proof of employment to teach at a university is sufficient.

Back