BasicMed - Need clarification - 18v

G

I will be switching to BasicMed this year. I understand a physician can perform test. However, since my last medical, I had to state “previously reported” for 18v for the 3rd class medical. Do I use the same wording for BasicMed and since it may be a regular physician, do I need gather my documents again (I’ll have to search as it was 10 years ago).
Or is it easier to visit the same AME for BasicMed?

Basic Med medical info does not get reported to the FAA, and “regular” (?) physicians don’t have access to FAA records, so “previously reported” is meaningless when doing Basic Med.

But, no need to gather any records unless your doc asks for them. And you can always just find another physician. There’s no such thing as a denial or flunking the exam in the Basic Med world.

I will be switching to BasicMed this year. I understand a physician can perform test. However, since my last medical, I had to state “previously reported” for 18v for the 3rd class medical. Do I use the same wording for BasicMed and since it may be a regular physician, do I need gather my documents again (I’ll have to search as it was 10 years ago).
Or is it easier to visit the same AME for BasicMed?

The checklist does not go to the FAA so the "previously reported no change" does not apply. You should start a file and add to it as necessary and include as an addendum to the 8700-2 when you see your state licensed physician for the exam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back