Anyone else propose to their wives in flight? Using a helicopter AND and airplane?

Yup, proposed by flying over a lake where we had a dock with the message written on it. Wife was under the impression we were going to a fly-in brunch that took us over the lake. Her family was in the boat out in the water as we flew over. Landed at a local airport and had family waiting to chauffer us to the lake house for a celebration. Blurry pic, but she was a little jazzed-up, lol. I did capture video of the approach, then switched to cabin-video once we were over it to get her reaction. Still wins lots of "best proposal" arguments.

1729622133293.png

Yup, proposed by flying over a lake where we had a dock with the message written on it. Wife was under the impression we were going to a fly-in brunch that took us over the lake. Her family was in the boat out in the water as we flew over. Landed at a local airport and had family waiting to chauffer us to the lake house for a celebration. Blurry pic, but she was a little jazzed-up, lol. I did capture video of the approach, then switched to cabin-video once we were over it to get her reaction. Still wins lots of "best proposal" arguments.

That's awesome! We live on Lake Lanier in Gainesville GA now. Currently lake life is our thing, and probably will continue to be. But the wife has been talking about a place in the Virgin Islands at some point in the future. And, well... they got an airport there right? We might have to find a hangar home in Florida to part time in, and fly over to the VI from time to time ;).

OK, a man can dream.....

I never proposed to my wife.

I paid for her trip to the US, and she made all the wedding plans then told me when and where and what time to show up.

We did have the reception at the airport fbo.

I am thinking there might be some loophole here since I never asked her to marry me...

Didn't propose to her in an airplane, but actually married her in one....in her 172 circling over one of the local lakes. She and I sharing piloting duties, a preacher and my (now) step-son in the back. 15 years on...life is good.

I never proposed to my wife.

I paid for her trip to the US, and she made all the wedding plans then told me when and where and what time to show up.

We did have the reception at the airport fbo.

I am thinking there might be some loophole here since I never asked her to marry me...
Let her see this post and you won't need a loophole. You'll need a lawyer.

That's awesome Jim!!!

The whole thing was nuts. Minding my own bisiness in IL. Had a Citabria and a Vagabond. 3-day trial on match.com. Did a search for Citabria on the site...bingo, only one return. Lady from OH...tall blonde, CFII, jet jock. From her profile "A Citabria is my dream airplane". Clearly out-classed this country-boy pilot moved along until...OMG she winked! First email out of the box...literally, "Will you marry me?". When she answered, "Maybe!", I knew we had the same sense of humor. Did I mention 15 years now?

The whole thing was nuts. Minding my own bisiness in IL. Had a Citabria and a Vagabond. 3-day trial on match.com. Did a search for Citabria on the site...bingo, only one return. Lady from OH...tall blonde, CFII, jet jock. From her profile "A Citabria is my dream airplane". Clearly out-classed this country-boy pilot moved along until...OMG she winked! First email out of the box...literally, "Will you marry me?". When she answered, "Maybe!", I knew we had the same sense of humor. Did I mention 15 years now?
While that seems to crazy to be true... I'm just gonna go with it. You rock.

Back