Any AV-30 Experts Out There?

jflong

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jflong
I have two AV-30s installed. Both are set for GPS tracking. Am I able to set the DG to Magnetic heading? If so, how do is this done? I also have the external magnetometer installed.

You should have a POH supplement in the plane that explains just about everything a pilot needs to know about your AV-30's. If you do not have the supplement, the install was not actually complete, as that POH supplement is considered mandatory for airworthiness.

Nonetheless, the uAvionix website has downloads for all the documentation.

You should have a POH supplement in the plane that explains just about everything a pilot needs to know about your AV-30's. If you do not have the supplement, the install was not actually complete, as that POH supplement is considered mandatory for airworthiness.

Nonetheless, the uAvionix website has downloads for all the documentation.
I appreciate the feed back. I've read through the POH and the supplement several times. I was hoping there is just a button combination/sequence I'm maybe overlooking. I have a ticket open with support and will give them a call later.

I do have the latest software update (2.4.1). So not only can I not cycle through the 3 main views (Traditional DG, HSI Slaved or ArcView), I can't find the 3 added views either. Again, my hope is it's just user error :). I really don't want to fly back to the installer.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be a ‘RTFM’ kind of person. Anyway, I think this might get you in the right direction….See page 37, section 7.6.8, bullet point 3.

• In Non-Slaved Heading Mode, the PUSH-SET menu brings up the DG-ADJ entry on the first push of the center knob. However, if an AV-Mag is installed, HDG BUG will appear first and DG-ADJ will be last.

I'm happy to report it was just user induced. Sometimes these are hard to find :). UAVIONIX has great customer support. Here is the solution:

When you are on the main page, you will do the following:

1. Press the left button one time.
2. There will be a box at the top center.
3. Press the center button.
4. You will see what is shown in magenta.
5. Rotate the center knob until you see HDG Rose.

1715011971886006_676549945.png1715011972045017_126488769.png
1715011972124017_1445714732.png1715011972188004_676549945.png

Back