Anxiety and ADHD - Do I have a chance?

G

Hi friends, I'm not going to try and beat a dead horse with this post, as I've seen countless topics on ADHD and a few on Anxiety, but haven't seen much about both.

Brief history:

1.) Diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 18 (concerned parents about low college GPA) and took meds for 2 years.

2.) After cessation of ADHD meds, I saw my PCP about trouble getting to sleep.. I didn't think it was a big deal until I started combing through my medical records where he diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder and insomnia. I was prescribed Xanax and took it for about 5 months. (I did fill a prescription at the 7 month mark in case it popped up again :().

Flash forward 6 years and I want to become a pilot. I've started taking all the right steps and even got the neuropsych w/ the cogscreen out of the way (excellent report). Is there anything else I should do before applying for a medical? Do I stand much of a chance?

Thank you all for your time..

Hi friends, I'm not going to try and beat a dead horse with this post, as I've seen countless topics on ADHD and a few on Anxiety, but haven't seen much about both.

Brief history:

1.) Diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 18 (concerned parents about low college GPA) and took meds for 2 years.

2.) After cessation of ADHD meds, I saw my PCP about trouble getting to sleep.. I didn't think it was a big deal until I started combing through my medical records where he diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder and insomnia. I was prescribed Xanax and took it for about 5 months. (I did fill a prescription at the 7 month mark in case it popped up again :().

Flash forward 6 years and I want to become a pilot. I've started taking all the right steps and even got the neuropsych w/ the cogscreen out of the way (excellent report). Is there anything else I should do before applying for a medical? Do I stand much of a chance?

Thank you all for your time..
Get the prescriber's xanax recocd and a 10 year Rx record from the CVS or Walgreens or whomever you used. Get to a psychiatrist for his take, you then have expert testimony and then apply.

B.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back