An Idea?

K

KennyFlys

Is it possible to change the "page options" that show up in the directory? I'm not sure of the exact term to use here.

Currently, when it goes beyond one page, you get (
multipage.gif
1 2)
for two pages and of course, (
multipage.gif
1 2 3)
for three pages.

But, once it goes beyond three pages, you get only:
(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

The "Last Page" could be the third or it could be the seventh. The last page I had read could be the fourth page but if I select "Last Page" I may pass up all the unread pages and end up at page nine.

In a scenario such as six or seven pages, is there a way to format this to show something more like:
(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... 6 7 Last Page)
?

Should it actually go to ten or twelve pages then the display would be:
(
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... 10 11 Last Page)

I usually remember what page I've last read in a thread. And, I've usually caught at least the second from last page. *

So, can it be done?

*Unless it's a Spin Zone thread with John, Tom, Frank & Ed going at it. :D

Why don't you just use "View First Unread" and have it take you to the first post that you haven't read in the thread?

Why don't you just use "View First Unread" and have it take you to the first post that you haven't read in the thread?
I use that at home. But, I'm often accessing from a slow connection in the car. It can take a while to load a page If I simply start from the first page.

I use that at home. But, I'm often accessing from a slow connection in the car. It can take a while to load a page If I simply start from the first page.

Ok, just checking. The little icon next to the thread title in the main forum listing accomplishes the same thing.

Last edited:
Usually when the thread gets that long, I don't bother with it any more. It's probably on its fifth thread creep by then. :p

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

Usually when the thread gets that long, I don't bother with it any more. It's probably on its fifth thread creep by then. :p

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .
Who are you calling a "creep"??? :p

Kenny,

What you're seeing is a part of the software we use, and making modifications like that are something I try to avoid these days.

That said, learn to love this button -->
firstnew.gif

Thats your friend when you're on "new posts" or a forum page. It jumps you right to the first unread post in that thread.

I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing. "go to first new post" won't go to the first page unless the first message you haven't seen is on it. If you are clicking on "New Posts", "go to first new post" is the "v" to the left of the thread title.

Edit: Greebo posted the graphic.

Kenny,

What you're seeing is a part of the software we use, and making modifications like that are something I try to avoid these days.

That said, learn to love this button -->
firstnew.gif

Thats your friend when you're on "new posts" or a forum page. It jumps you right to the first unread post in that thread.
I didn't realize that's what it was for! Okay, time to post some very good instructions written at the second grade reading level!

:goofy:

Back